Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 147

Thread: New pub visits 2020

  1. #121
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Perhaps we should put up the POTW November thread now, given that there won't be any new visits until 2nd December.
    I believe that pubs are open on the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, however travel to is barred (except for 'essential reasons') and there is a 14 day quarantine, so I doubt we'll see any reviews!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  2. #122
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Added 2 more to get to 49.
    Managed 1 more to raise my bat for a half century!

    That may be it for this year.....


    I am a salmon !!

  3. #123
    Glass Half Empty
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Another two brand new (to me) venues in September bringing my total to a rather poor 34 for the year so far. Also visited a previously experienced venue that has since changed hands - tempted to award myself half a point for that!

  4. #124
    I Keep Mine Hidden Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Another two brand new (to me) venues in September bringing my total to a rather poor 34 for the year so far. Also visited a previously experienced venue that has since changed hands - tempted to award myself half a point for that!
    Don't do it - you are only cheating yourself!


    I am a salmon !!

  5. #125
    Glass Half Empty
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Don't do it - you are only cheating yourself!

  6. #126
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    159, 53 fewer than this time last year. Lockdown, WFH and an ever-widening 'completed' radius mean I won't be doing too many more.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  7. #127
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    159, 53 fewer than this time last year. Lockdown, WFH and an ever-widening 'completed' radius mean I won't be doing too many more.
    Just 27 this year and all since 4th July with just 34.5 pints of real ale in the process. I've had to substantially expand my radius to fit them in, largely because I typically walk home from the pub, no more than 90 minutes but now expanded typically to three hours or more.

  8. #128
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Just 27 this year and all since 4th July with just 34.5 pints of real ale in the process. I've had to substantially expand my radius to fit them in, largely because I typically walk home from the pub, no more than 90 minutes but now expanded typically to three hours or more.
    I found a bicycle expanded my radius by several miles, which works ok in a rural area. Now though I rely on the increasingly rare trips out.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  9. #129
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I found a bicycle expanded my radius by several miles.
    That's funny - NOT using a bicycle (or much else by way of exercise) has expanded my 'radius' considerably over the last year...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  10. #130
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    These pubs are a must-visit for 2021.

Similar Threads

  1. New pub visits 2019
    By Delboy20 in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 07-01-2020, 07:39
  2. Pubs Galore crawls 2020
    By sheffield hatter in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-01-2020, 22:17
  3. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North' (tie-breaker)
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:46
  4. 2020 Spring Crawl to 'The North'
    By rpadam in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-2019, 20:45
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2019, 08:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •