Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub visits 2020

Default New pub visits 2020

New decade starts tomorrow.

Good luck to all with their targets / challenges.

After falling short this year I am aiming for a new pub every 2 days on average - 183 is the target. (It gets harder every year!)

I will join the 1000 club for reviews. I'll try to get to around 1250 if possible.

1259 pubs photographed. I'll try to get to 1500 this year.

429 open pubs added so far. I'd love to get that up to 500 but I can't really control that!

Here we go again …….
    Last edited by Delboy20; 31-12-2019 at 15:19.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Chasing straight numbers is becoming unchallenging, so I shall start with a target of visiting 100 reviewless pubs and 100 pictureless pubs (or indeed, both) and see how that goes.

On a general basis, get some of the trailing counties up the table - there are too many below 40% reviews, and that's ignoring the new offshore ones.

And on a personal basis, achieve 50% reviewed in at least one county, hopefully two (and I won't cheat by going to Sark and Herm!)
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    On a general basis, get some of the trailing counties up the table - there are too many below 40% reviews, and that's ignoring the new offshore ones.
    Essex looks a good bet for whacking over 50%, a day out in the Braintree area would crack it.

Is Ulster in your sights? I would be surprised if the data is even complete for places like Armagh and Tyrone. Ulster really needs someone residing there. When I was doing the JDWs the ferry to Belfast was 8 hours as opposed to 4 to Dublin.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Is Ulster in your sights? I would be surprised if the data is even complete for places like Armagh and Tyrone. Ulster really needs someone residing there. When I was doing the JDWs the ferry to Belfast was 8 hours as opposed to 4 to Dublin.
    Somewhere on the 'list' but not a great priority at present. 12 hours plus by train/boat is not attractive; cheap flights a possibility except Stansted is dire to get to for me. One day perhaps.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Collecting new pubs in York is getting increasingly difficult as it's very well trodden ground.

However during 2 days there I managed to net 5 new ones to start off the new year.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Collecting new pubs in York is getting increasingly difficult as it's very well trodden ground.

However during 2 days there I managed to net 5 new ones to start off the new year.
    I'm looking forward to visiting the Brew York place at weekend, that's if I can make it past York Tap

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    I'm looking forward to visiting the Brew York place at weekend, that's if I can make it past York Tap
    Had a couple of pints in Brew York on Sunday and a pint in York Tap on Monday!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Just Missed the Round

11 new places for me in January, which is better than I was expecting. I'm not going to set any specific targets for the year, but I do find it interesting to keep track.

Amazingly I'm on 34, probably due to Northern Fail doing a 10p each way ticket, still gift horse and all that. Off to Lincoln and Nottingham over the next fortnight on some more of their largesse and should clock up a few more pubs.

BTW Quinno, did Tadcaster and bagged a good few Sam's pubs actually all bar the one that doesn't open Tuesdays
    Last edited by oldboots; 31-01-2020 at 21:01.

This Space For Hire

38 added, and on the special personal target front have achieved 22 out of 369 = 6%. Not a bad start.
    A trip up the Valleys planned for February, to get some Glamorgans off.