Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pubs Galore crawls 2020

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    At this point in time I am unlikely to be going to either due to distance/price, so haven't voted in the two way vote off, I did originally vote for Lincoln which would have been doable in a day .
    Timewise, it is virtually the same Basingstoke to Preston or Lincoln, although Lincoln is generally cheaper, being nearer. Depends a bit on finding the best advance fares. Halifax is worse on both counts.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Timewise, it is virtually the same Basingstoke to Preston or Lincoln, although Lincoln is generally cheaper, being nearer. Depends a bit on finding the best advance fares. Halifax is worse on both counts.
    Yes neither ruled out , cheap deals permitting, still unlikely though , so I don't want to influence a vote I am probably unlikely to attend.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

6-all...

One of the Halifax options from London is to "Change at Preston". Perhaps the crawl should be 6 or 7 pubs in each!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    One of the Halifax options from London is to "Change at Preston". Perhaps the crawl should be 6 or 7 pubs in each! ������ ������
    I travelled that line from Bradford when my trip up the Settle-Carlisle line was scuppered with no explanation from the dire Northern Fail. It's great for rainy overcast Pennine scenery!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    At this point in time I am unlikely to be going to either due to distance/price, so haven't voted in the two way vote off, I did originally vote for Lincoln which would have been doable in a day .
    I've yet to vote and will probably decide - if I go due to cost - based on travel time.

I too voted for Lincoln despite being unable to fathom out quite why this city, which is resolutely in the Midlands, made it onto a Northern crawl...

This Space For Hire

Yup - voted for Preston. I can't comment on the pubs but Preston is nearly an hour nearer by train and is direct rather than requiring a change. It's cheaper too.

Default Hot off the press

Final score: Halifax 7 - 10 Preston.

I'll do a poll for some dates next, but a shorter 7-day one because the cheap train tickets will start to go soon.