Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Party pack anyone?

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    957

    Default Party pack anyone?

    I was in Worcester museum and art gallery yesterday for an exhibition and I had a stroll around the museum where I saw these.

    I am too young to remember these but I am sure some of our more "experienced" members might enjoy the picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images


    I am a salmon !!

  2. #2
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I was in Worcester museum and art gallery yesterday for an exhibition and I had a stroll around the museum where I saw these.

    I am too young to remember these but I am sure some of our more "experienced" members might enjoy the picture!
    Yes have drank the Watneys, had to open it with a tin opener back in the day
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

  3. #3
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Yes have drank the Watneys, had to open it with a tin opener back in the day
    Party Sevens were quite commonplace once upon a time. Getting into them and extracting the beer without making a mess everywhere could be something of a challenge. As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well. You mostly just punched a hole with a pointed opener and ducked the spray that invariably gushed out!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

  4. #4
    Down but not out Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North East Hampshire
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Party Sevens were quite commonplace once upon a time. Getting into them and extracting the beer without making a mess everywhere could be something of a challenge. As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well. You mostly just punched a hole with a pointed opener and ducked the spray that invariably gushed out!
    Typically a screwdriver and hammer, a bit messy but it worked.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I was in Worcester museum and art gallery yesterday for an exhibition and I had a stroll around the museum where I saw these.

    I am too young to remember these but I am sure some of our more "experienced" members might enjoy the picture!
    I don't remember any of these. The only large tins I can recall from the 60s are the Watney's Party 7 and I think there was a smaller size. The presence of Watney's mild probably pushes the date back.
    Ruddles did a big can of their bitter in the 1970s. Becky used to sell it in her dive bar when no casks were available.

    Mini-kegs are the modern equivalent and the fact that Ghost Ship is one would suggest they are miles better.

  6. #6
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    957

    Default

    I have had a couple of mini-kegs - Hobgoblin I think.

    Hoping Santa might bring me this one - https://puritybrewing.com/product/as...v=79cba1185463


    I am a salmon !!

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well.
    My grandad had one. Worked using Sparklets bulbs.

  8. #8
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Yes have drank the Watneys, had to open it with a tin opener back in the day
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Typically a screwdriver and hammer, a bit messy but it worked.
    A tin opener, eh? In the early '70s I remember my dad attacking his Party Sevens with a screwdriver, beer spraying everywhere. I do recall some sort of tap device...

  9. #9
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hoping Santa might bring me this one - https://puritybrewing.com/product/as...v=79cba1185463
    Themed beers are almost always rubbish and you're starting from a low point with Purity. I don't really have any opinions on Aston Villa other than I know foe a fact they are NOT West Ham. I've seen the Stadium from the train!

Similar Threads

  1. Pack & Carriage, NW1
    By Komakino in forum Dead links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-11-2018, 23:01
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2016, 12:53
  3. Pack & Carriage, NW1
    By Komakino in forum Dead links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-08-2016, 00:18
  4. The Old Pack Horse, Chiswick
    By Rex_Rattus in forum Dead links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-12-2015, 15:32
  5. Pack Horses, Beswick
    By AlanH in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-10-2012, 15:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •