Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore Fantasy Football League 2010/11

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

My son says I have a better chance of picking a winning team than Fabio.

I can pick foreign players!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Is it not possible to view other managers' teams within the PG league? Must be, surely?
    Also, the site selects players & subs for you - can the manager not over-ride the starting 11? I couldn't see how to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Is it not possible to view other managers' teams within the PG league? Must be, surely?
    Also, the site selects players & subs for you - can the manager not over-ride the starting 11? I couldn't see how to do so.
    OK, I've sussed out how to change my starting line-up, but not how to view other managers' selections, which I would have thought would be a quintessential element of the game?

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I thought they only make the selection if you failed to do it. As I know nothing about my players I am just letting them do it for me.

I would like to find my son's team on the main site though so I can check his progress. He's been doing it for years, so I will ask him how to do it.

OK, I've sussed out how to change my starting line-up, but not how to view other managers' selections, which I would have thought would be a quintessential element of the game?
    You have always been able to see the other teams teams when I have done it in the past - maybe it is only once the season has started and everyone starts getting points on the board!.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    You have always been able to see the other teams teams when I have done it in the past - maybe it is only once the season has started and everyone starts getting points on the board!.
    Yep, I can see the team names, but not the players; let's hope all will become visible once the cloak&dagger stage of the pre-season transfer market comes to a close...
    My first pass came to £15.5m over budget, so had to sacrifice Mr Lampard, among others, in the subsequent pruning - probably a bad move as he is always a starter, and a sure-thing for midfield goals.
    How did other participants fare in their initial choices (vs budget)?

Really is a pain not being able to see other peoples team, I was hoping to er, 'take inspiration' from some of the other teams. Now I'm going to actually have to think about it myself though!!

My team was picked without too much hassle. I was surprised that I had something like £35m left before I had got to my strikers so grabbing Shrek, Didier Dropdown and Defoe up front without needing to juggle too many players around wasn't too much of a headache. I did however end up with too many Spurs players and had to sacrifice Modric (who did well for me last year) for Pienaar. I had Torres last season but he's crocked too much these days. I was hoping to get Bale as a defender but they have him down as midfield. My squad is; Goalkeepers - Robinson (Blackburn) and Howard (Everton). Defence - Dawson (Spurs), Shawcross (Stoke), Upson (West Ham), Cahill (Bolton) and Konchesky (Fulham). Midfield - Bale (Spurs), Parker (West Ham), Pienaar (Everton), Petrov (Villa) and Malbranque (Sunderland). Strikers - Drogba (Chelsea), Rooney (Man U) and Defoe (Spurs).

Interesting RB, I've got Shawcross too, I'm sure he'll be an England player some day, and then for quite some time - I wish City had gone for him rather than paying bundles after being held to ransom for Lescott, one of the worst deals ever with Dunney exiting for about one-fifth of the price!
    Needless to say, no representatives from castle greyskull in the Alestars team! (Tevez & Defoe up front)

I had 0.5 million left or as it's known to Rochdale AFC, the midfield and a back four.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas