Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camra vouchers

This Space For Hire

Default Camra vouchers

From my subs increase message:

" Please note from 1 July 2019 £20 Wetherspoons Vouchers will be replaced with £30 CAMRA Real Ale Cider, and Perry Vouchers."

Anyone know what they'll be? The Camra website still refers to the JDW offer and trawling through Discourse provides much heat but little light.

Must admit I'll be glad to see the back of the JDW vouchers, TM's ridiculous propaganda has made sure I only visit his pubs under sufferance.

According to the memo I've received there are now 1300 or so pubs included (Stonegate and SA Brains added) instead of the 880 or so JDW Pubs; the scheme is "owned" by CAMRA and not JDW (although JDW pubs are still included). More 50p vouchers obviously. WhatPub will say which pubs are included. Apparently a memo goes out to all members this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    According to the memo I've received there are now 1300 or so pubs included (Stonegate and SA Brains added) instead of the 880 or so JDW Pubs; the scheme is "owned" by CAMRA and not JDW (although JDW pubs are still included). More 50p vouchers obviously. WhatPub will say which pubs are included. Apparently a memo goes out to all members this month.
    This won't make the slightest difference to me and I doubt that it will pacify the baying mob that is the anti voucher brigade. It could be good if you live in Cardiff.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    This won't make the slightest difference to me and I doubt that it will pacify the baying mob that is the anti voucher brigade. It could be good if you live in Cardiff.
    I've always thought the anti-voucher brigade are the ultras who think that anyone who joins for the vouchers and everyone who never attends branch meetings aren't true believers and shouldn't be members.

In reality there's maybe a few hundred of them tops.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 03-06-2019 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    TM's ridiculous propaganda has made sure I only visit his pubs under sufferance.
    Things have improved of late especially if you ignore the Wetherspoon "News". The worst that might happen otherwise is seeing a "Free Trade Means Lower Prices" slogan on one of the advertising cards.

Just Missed the Round

I think I read somewhere that the new vouchers will be available for use at any time throughout the year, rather than being split into blocks.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the new vouchers will be available for use at any time throughout the year, rather than being split into blocks.
    The only difference between the blocks of JDW vouchers is the date written on them - the chances of the person serving you spotting an out of date one are tiny.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    The only difference between the blocks of JDW vouchers is the date written on them - the chances of the person serving you spotting an out of date one are tiny.
    I got bought a CAMRA membership for my birthday one year, and it came with the vouchers. I tried to use the vouchers before expiry but I have to confess to passing a couple off once the dates had passed and they weren't checked. I did feel like a massive criminal though!

It was rare that the vouchers were ever scrutinised. What was more common is a member of staff looking at it vaguely and then consulting with a colleague as to how to process it on the till. Then I felt like the idiot for causing a hold up at the bar for being the awkward sod with a voucher.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    The details, including the validity period, are:

The vouchers are broken into sixty individual vouchers of fifty pence.

Only one voucher is redeemable for each visit to the pub.

A membership card must be presented.

Each voucher has the membership start and end date printed on it and must be used in that period.

Participating companies are Wetherspoons, Stonegate and S.A Brain & Co Ltd, some exclusions will apply,with a combined total of over 1450 pubs contractually agreed to the scheme.

The Voucher scheme is not closed and CAMRA are able to add additional companies or pubs.

WhatPub will feature a flag to highlight voucher pubs which are part of the scheme.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    A membership card must be presented.
    Out of interest, is this a new requirement, or should Wetherspoons have asked for the card under the previous scheme too? I can't recall ever being asked for mine.