Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: New Initial Map Layer OSM?

This Space For Hire

Default New Initial Map Layer OSM?

Are we working off a replacement for G Maps now on county pages and is it OSM based? Looks good. Somebody needs to actually draw my house onto this platform or is anonymity the better way to live? Will this move over to pub level or will that stay Google based?

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Are we working off a replacement for G Maps now on county pages and is it OSM based? Looks good. Somebody needs to actually draw my house onto this platform or is anonymity the better way to live? Will this move over to pub level or will that stay Google based?
    As no one has mentioned it, I was assuming it must be just me and my old computer that can't get Open Street Maps either on the initial page or the pub page.
    Or has OSM done a "Google" or is it just broken on PuG?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    As no one has mentioned it, I was assuming it must be just me and my old computer that can't get Open Street Maps either on the initial page or the pub page.
    Or has OSM done a "Google" or is it just broken on PuG?
    No sooner said and it's all back again after days without it!!

Just Missed the Round

Aha, funny you should mention that, I noticed this earlier myself and am sure it hasn't worked for a few days but didn't think much of it in case it was just me.

Looks like it has been fixed, as you say, as it's working again for me now too.

Maybe someone spotted your post and the post from RealAleRobUK http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...p-on-pub-pages

Sorry about the blank maps.

With OSM I download the data and run my own map server using spare capacity. For some reason the map server restarts itself every now and again and usually that isn't an issue, but sometimes it just doesn't start up properly. I think I may have fixed that issue when I did some map work a few weeks ago, however I created another problem, which I've also now fixed.

Wish I could say it won't happen again, but I'm sure there'll be something else I've got wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Eventually it will be pretty much all OSM on the site, I did the county pages because I was doing other stuff on that page to do with adding Channel Islands to the site.

If you want your house on the map feel free to go edit the central map https://www.openstreetmap.org - it looks like someone has been very enthusiastic in your neck of the woods - house numbering and everything! I mainly just add footpaths as I've used OSM for years for getting about by foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I did the county pages because I was doing other stuff on that page to do with adding Channel Islands to the site.
    Many thanks for doing that - I completed my list of Jersey pubs at the weekend and added all the Guernsey ones I could find, so I think the Channel Islands now have good coverage (although somebody will doubtless find somewhere I've missed!).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Maybe someone spotted your post and the post from RealAleRobUK http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...p-on-pub-pages
    I don't think anybody spotted this one!