Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oldest Photos ??

Default Oldest Photos ??

Hi all,

I was just doing a bit of research for my trip to Coventry. There aren't many photos added for Cov for some reason. Most of the ones that are on are from 2004. Posted by "anonymous user". That got me thinking.. What is the oldest photo on the site ?? One for Dave M or Conrad !!
    I could have a look through but it is easier to ask.

While I am on the subject, the photos by "anonymous user" seem to have an image super-imposed on them - it looks like a man with a bike on a surf board !!

What the hell is that about ???

Cheers,

Del.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I did a crawl of Coventry in April 2007 and took photos. Will have a look for them and put them on.

The photo of the Kings Arms in Sandford on Thames http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68861/ was taken in 1987. I know because I took it. I am in the process of scanning all my old photos from various trips (and there are literally thousands!) and found a half decent photo of the pub with the canal. As there wasn't a photo of the pub on the site I uploaded it. I just hope the place hasn't changed much externally since then! There are a several more from even earlier trips that haven't been scanned yet and will probably be uploaded in due course if I feel that they will be appropriate for the site.
    Last edited by RogerB; 09-07-2010 at 11:02.

I can only assume that the small Pictures in the bottom corner of the larger Picture are. The Guy with a Push Bike and inflatable Boat is Part of the group that done a Pub crawl and took the photos.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I was just doing a bit of research for my trip to Coventry. There aren't many photos added for Cov for some reason. Most of the ones that are on are from 2004. Posted by "anonymous user". That got me thinking.. What is the oldest photo on the site ?? One for Dave M or Conrad !!
    I could have a look through but it is easier to ask.
    When it comes to the oldest submitted photo we are not entirely certain ourselves! The original version of the site (which was called Regulars Reunited) was set up in 2003 and was coded by me - which basically means it was a bit rubbish.

It all got rewritten by Conrad in 2004 (when we renamed it Pubs Galore) from then on everything was audited properly but as we didn't have reliable information on what had happened during the first year all of the photos from that time are credited as being from July 2004.

I've just been delving back through the original version and I believe that the photo of The West End Bar is the oldest submitted photo from back on August 18th 2003. I could of course be wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    While I am on the subject, the photos by "anonymous user" seem to have an image super-imposed on them - it looks like a man with a bike on a surf board !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I can only assume that the small Pictures in the bottom corner of the larger Picture are. The Guy with a Push Bike and inflatable Boat is Part of the group that done a Pub crawl and took the photos.
    The device in question is apparently called a waterbicycle and I believe that in one or two of the photos they managed to get a picture of it actually in front of the pub, for the rest they superimposed it on. It did make me smile at the time as it was just so bizarre. If you are interested in knowing what the heck was going on the guy who did it posted about it on the Digital Spy Forums.

looking at that photo I think I've had to much to
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    The photo of the Kings Arms in Sandford on Thames http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/68861/ was taken in 1987. I know because I took it. I just hope the place hasn't changed much externally since then!
    I can confirm Roger it looks exactly the same now. That photo could have been taken yesterday.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    I can confirm Roger it looks exactly the same now. That photo could have been taken yesterday.
    I bet that caravan's got a fair bit of moss on it by now.

There was a group of about 15 of us doing a weekend canal trip in 3 boats and we berthed outside overnight. We had a pretty lengthy session in the pub and I remember we all got a warning from the landlord after we started a few "sea shantys" several pints into the session which upset a few locals. I have some blurry interior pics from the session in my Facebook photos but they wouldn't be of much benefit to the site!

I think that this place must have the oldest photos on the entire site.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES