Visit the Woolpack Dave's Beer and Stuff site

I think it started about September last year. I brewed a stout, sort of as an experiment, and put it into a whisky cask, why not? Later, I came up with a name and defence of my methods, which I thought to be fine and careful. I also made a barley wine, breaking the 10% barrier, which I know is nothing exceptional, but I was pleased it worked. The outputs of these processes are a few hundred, limited edition, hand bottled, naturally conditioned beers. They are special and should be priced highly, especially as I've already given far too many away in the hope that a few good bloggers will say nice things, which generally they did.

Having told my story about how I've made the beers my readers have harangued and harassed me to give them the ability to buy them. People have even offered to send me money and everything, but I didn't really want the hassle of taking orders, here and there, taking payments a bit at a time and packing and dispatching. Other people do that so very expertly. Instead we have negotiated an exclusive deal, which obviously resulted me in cutting my own throat on price,1 with the ever trusty BeerMerchants.com who now have our products available for you to buy.

Now, a word of warning; we currently only have about half the stock2 left for these two bottlings. We haven't started on the 2010 version yet. I'm hopeful we will start soon on the next batch, but it is likely the current stock will run out before this years batch is ready. I'd snap them up quick, after all, they are fairly rare.

BeerMerchants.com will remain the only place to get our beers on-line, at least for now. The Wine Yard, Bare, Bacchanalia in Cambridge, UtoBeer and Open All Hours in Keswick all stock our products in their shops.

------------------------

1Honest, would I lie to you?
2In Whitehaven, for years, there was a man selling the local evening news. He stood there every night with a pile of papers nearly as high as himself, proclaiming at the top of his voice, "Not many left now!" He might still be there for all I know.
But really, truly, there are only 16 out of 38 cases of Ęther Blęc and 20 out of 42 cases of Granite left.

More...