Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: 50000

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    934

    Default 50000

    We have finally been reduced to exactly 50,000 open pubs on PuG with about another dozen going this week!
    Who is going to shut the next pub and put us into the 40,s? Probably being done now whilst I'm still typing. Or maybe someone has found a couple that have opened to (temporarily) buck the trend.
    Should we mourn our losses or celebrate that we have got the most we will ever have?
    Perhaps just keep supporting them to keep what we can. Gosh, I am feeling thirsty. I must pop out for ...... maybe just one!!

    EDIT: Hooray! A new pub has been added, now 50.001!
    Last edited by AlanH; 20-05-2016 at 13:19.

  2. #2
    This Space For Hire Pubsignman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Croydon and occasionally Dorset
    Posts
    919

    Default

    I've just reopened two pubs and added a new one, so we should be on 50,003 now, but your point is valid - it's pretty sad to see numbers still dwindling.

    Brewhouse and Kitchen

    Brewhouse and Kitchen

    The Swan Inn

  3. #3
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    We have finally been reduced to exactly 50,000 open pubs on PuG with about another dozen going this week!
    Who is going to shut the next pub and put us into the 40,s? Probably being done now whilst I'm still typing. Or maybe someone has found a couple that have opened to (temporarily) buck the trend.
    Should we mourn our losses or celebrate that we have got the most we will ever have?
    Perhaps just keep supporting them to keep what we can. Gosh, I am feeling thirsty. I must pop out for ...... maybe just one!!

    EDIT: Hooray! A new pub has been added, now 50.001!
    Where's the figure situated? Did you just sum all the open pubs on the counties review page?

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire Pubsignman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Croydon and occasionally Dorset
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Where's the figure situated? Did you just sum all the open pubs on the counties review page?
    You can find the total at the top of this page: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/reviews-counties.php

    I've opened a few more, so up to 50,006 now.

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire Delboy20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Black Country
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Just think - out of the 50018 open pubs now how many are actually shut / gone but we just don't know ? Must be a fair few.

    On a brighter note there are probably quite a few open pubs just not listed on here at all !!


    I am a salmon !!

  6. #6
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Just think - out of the 50018 open pubs now how many are actually shut / gone but we just don't know ? Must be a fair few.

    On a brighter note there are probably quite a few open pubs just not listed on here at all !!
    Since I noticed that we were down to 50000 pubs and dropping by about 15 to 20 a week, we have a surge up to 50019 pubs. Is this the end of the "pub recession!" Are we going to do a "Leicester"! and win back more pubs. No, of course, it is a vain hope. We will soon be back to normality and losing more than we are winning. More like doing an Aston Villa! (Sorry Delboy, perhaps you could win the Premiership in Two years!)
    As you say, we are probably below 50000 already with closures that we have not spotted in the weaker areas.
    What?ub only have 47,000 open pubs. That is because in their weaker branches, only the Real Ale pubs have been added. Perhaps the true figure is around 49000 open pubs.

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,019

    Default

    50000 is just another number. There are so many chain restaurants and night clubs listed on here that aren't pubs which make any statistics completely meaningless.

  8. #8
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Less than 50,000 now.

    I'm afraid I discovered several closed pubs in Kettering and Wellingborough.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  9. #9
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Less than 50,000 now.

    I'm afraid I discovered several closed pubs in Kettering and Wellingborough.
    And I also reported a closed one this week
    I drink to make others more interesting

  10. #10
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    What?ub only have 47,000 open pubs. That is because in their weaker branches, only the Real Ale pubs have been added. Perhaps the true figure is around 49000 open pubs.
    ...although they have a few outlets listed that we don't as they aren't really pubs as such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •