Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First in Last Out Whitby - Good Beer Guide 2009

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I know it seems mad to me. Good publicity for both sides and makes the award hold more value. I like your idea of reversing the logic though makes about as much sense.

I suppose ultimately it is to stop sites like ours just copying out of the Good Beer Guide and putting little icons next to each qualifying pub, I would have thought even that was good publicity for CAMRA though. Also it kind of means that one day we might start producing our own Good Beer Guide if we can't reference theirs (not in my plans I should say).

Certainly we have no issues with Cask Marque who were happy for us to use much of their material to cross promote them (something that is in my plans).

Smile Camra and The Good Beer Guide

Hi Conrad,

I got in touch with Camra and they sent me their official logo to put on the First In Last Out Webpage. Have a look www.firstinlastoutpub.co.uk they seem as keen as we thought they would be to advertise.

Regards,

Filo

P.S. I've added a picture to my profile but I cant see how to get it to appear on here. PLease advise.
    Last edited by Filo; 24-09-2009 at 16:36.
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Hi Filo,

That is very interesting. It looks like Camra are keen for pubs to promote that they are in the GBG after all.

Perhaps the issue they have is when pubs leave the comment there even when they are no longer listed? At least with the rosette logo it includes the year so it becomes more like the stickers that pubs display in windows.

As to your profile picture, if you are trying to get the picture next to your name on forum posts you need to use the Edit Avatar option rather than Edit Profile Picture, which I think you may have done - as I can see the pic if I go and look at your profile!

Hope that helps

Dave

Smile Avatar

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the info. I've got it sorted now

Filo
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Good stuff!

I really should sort out a better avatar for myself later since everyone is making an effort.