Ads not shown when logged in
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It would make sense for those wanting to include any of these (Woodman/Royal Oak/Dolphin) to visit them after the Salopian
    The Woodman and The Bird in Hand don't open until 4pm so would be better doing these later. Only 8 minutes (22 Aqualung minutes ) from the station.

What's your favourite in Shrewsbury?
    Shrewsbury has a great range of pubs, I like the Salopian Bar as well and of course the Three Fishes, Benbow, Coach & Horses. It's probably easier to say which pubs I don't like and of course it depends on the mood I'm in, one day the Yorkshire House would be fine another it would be a total pain.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Maybe San & Tray from VIZ will pay us a visit on the day!!
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Admiral Benbow tends not to open till 4/5pm on a Friday , the Cross Foxes is a cracking little locals pub only a short walk from the Nags Head , cut past the Hop and Friar and across the footbridge on St Julians , you will pass House of Grain on the way a craft beer bar for those intrested in these things .
    The Boathouse is in a wonderfull position but aint that great as a pub , the nearby Wheatsheaf is better .
    Places like the Kings Head and Hole in the Wall look great and have some intresting features but are not really worth doing .
    I am supposed to be in Greece at the moment (Thomas Cook) so will have time to have a scout round and check opening times etc .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Real Ale Drinker

A favourite destination for me with good pubs. The Salopian, the Armoury (beer wise that is), The Dolphin, Wheatsheaf (I like both of them but beer wise the one in town is better), Loggerheads and Admiral Benbow. I tend to avoid The Hole In The Wall as I don't have a pram or screaming kid in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I am supposed to be in Greece at the moment (Thomas Cook) so will have time to have a scout round and check opening times etc .
    What was that about every cloud having a silver lining? (Sorry about your holiday, though.)
    Come On You Hatters!

The Boathouse is in a wonderfull position but aint that great as a pub , the nearby Wheatsheaf is better .
    Places like the Kings Head and Hole in the Wall look great and have some intresting features but are not really worth doing .
    That would be The Wheatsheaf in Frankwell, of course, not The Wheatsheaf in the centre, which was the one you mentioned in your post above (#9). Thanks for that, very useful bit of info. (I might still end up popping over to the Boathouse, just because it's on the way to the other Frankwell pubs while the main crawl is in the Wetherspoons!)

From my limited experience of Shrewsbury pubs, I would heartily endorse your views on the Kings Head and Hole in the Wall.

BTW, what is your view of the Bull in the Barne - have you been in there since Al Bundy's review of four years ago?
    Come On You Hatters!

Yes, sorry to hear that Oggy... Feel free to blame one of my old bosses Harriet Green who went on to be the previous CEO of TC for a couple of years. But knowing her, I doubt she gives a shit about your and others predicament...
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    What was that about every cloud having a silver lining? (Sorry about your holiday, though.)
    The silver lining turned out to be 3 days in York , not exactly Kalamaki but a lot more tourists off to Worcester today for a night , then got all next week to myself so i will spend a day wandering round Shrewsbury .
    Not been to the Bull in the Barne for years , i will have a wander up and have a look .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    That is a list of GBG2019 pubs, quite properly Loggerheads isn't in the GBG2019.
    I've just noticed that the Loggerheads is listed in the current Good Beer Guide app...