Ads not shown when logged in
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn 2019 Shrewsbury Crawl Dates and Venues

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I've just noticed that the Loggerheads is listed in the current Good Beer Guide app...
    It's also a Marston pub so however wonderful the interior might be I have no interest in visiting it. I'm keen to get to the Three Fishes even though I have a suspicion I've been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I've just noticed that the Loggerheads is listed in the current Good Beer Guide app...
    The 2020 edition, one of those weird WTF entries IMHO. Cue discussion on why some Camra branches treat GBG selection as a pump counting exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It's also a Marston pub so however wonderful the interior might be I have no interest in visiting it. I'm keen to get to the Three Fishes even though I have a suspicion I've been there before.
    The GBG says the Loggerheads has 4 changing beers. That suggests that they now serve non Marston's beers as well.

The Three Fishes is a good pub but it can get full and foody around 12 to 2. At one such time, I couldn't find anywhere to even stand!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    The GBG says the Loggerheads has 4 changing beers. That suggests that they now serve non Marston's beers as well.

You're right and What Pub says the changing beers are from national sources but I'm not prepared to go there to find it's just Marston's beers or some other rubbish.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Had a wander around Shrewsbury including an enjoyable half hour in the Loggerheads , all 7 handpulls in use Banks Amber x2 , Snecklifter , Oxford Gold , Marstons Sweet Chariot and Pedigree and Thwaites Wainwright so not the most exciting choice but in good shape , its the pub itself thats the attraction and the chatty locals .
    Also had a walk to the Bull in the Barne , its been modernized and knocked into one room with a couple of big TVs showing football , locals were friendly and the beer in great shape , its a good little pub but not really worth a special journey .
    Nipped into the Three Fishes for a quick pint and ended up having four its that sort of place .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Had a wander around Shrewsbury including an enjoyable half hour in the Loggerheads , all 7 handpulls in use Banks Amber x2 , Snecklifter , Oxford Gold , Marstons Sweet Chariot and Pedigree and Thwaites Wainwright so not the most exciting choice but in good shape , its the pub itself thats the attraction and the chatty locals .
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions. There are no guest ales in that list as they are all from Marston breweries. I'd rather have an extra pint elsewhere than have to chose from that dismal selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions. There are no guest ales in that list as they are all from Marston breweries. I'd rather have an extra pint elsewhere than have to chose from that dismal selection.
    They did have Hobson's Twisted Spire on as a guest recently (according to Untappd), so there may be some hope yet!

I won't be able to make this one for various reasons, however I will raise a glass to you all in a random Sam's pub in London that day.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I won't be able to make this one for various reasons, however I will raise a glass to you all in a random Sam's pub in London that day.

Have fun!
    Having seen the weather forecast for the week it's a good call (apart from the Sam Smith aspect).

I may well not make this one either.

Ms CAMRA is definitely not attending as she's going to a show.

I probably won't be able to make a decision until the morning of the trip.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas