Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Anglesey

Default Anglesey

Hi all,

Next trip planned is a week on Anglesey. It is a family holiday but I hope to get round a few pubs too!

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

It's a long time since we visited (15yrs?), but we rather enjoyed the Ship Inn, Red Wharf Bay. IIRC its a fine old pub and there's a decent beer garden next to the beach, plus, GBG2019 listed. However, Ian Mapp struggled with the prices, in his September 2018 review
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    It's a long time since we visited (15yrs?), but we rather enjoyed the Ship Inn, Red Wharf Bay. IIRC its a fine old pub and there's a decent beer garden next to the beach, plus, GBG2019 listed. However, Ian Mapp struggled with the prices, in his September 2018 review
    That one is on the list to do, it looks like a good pub. We are staying quite close in Moelfre.

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

Yep, it was a great pub when I visited (was that really NINE years ago...?)
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi all,

Next trip planned is a week on Anglesey. It is a family holiday but I hope to get round a few pubs too!

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.
    I went to Holyhead last year and would advise AVOID! It might be worth following Robinsons and Lees who both have outlets on Anglesey. I went to the Pilot Boat at Dulas years ago (Robinson) and quite liked it. There's very little in the GBG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I went to Holyhead last year and would advise AVOID! It might be worth following Robinsons and Lees who both have outlets on Anglesey. I went to the Pilot Boat at Dulas years ago (Robinson) and quite liked it. There's very little in the GBG.
    I'm not planning to spend much time near Holyhead. I'm not too far from the Pilot Boat so it is on the list!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Hi all,

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.
    There are a couple of reasonable pubs in each of Menai Bridge, Llangefni and Beaumaris, and the latter getting my vote as being the most interesting place on Ynys Môn.