Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beer Festivals

I've added an image to my signature at the bottom of the post advertising the beer festival. If anyone finds it irritating please let me know and I'll change it to just a text link to the festival site.

If anyone has any comments on how it could be improved I'd love to hear them too.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hmm hadn't really seen that. I don't fancy making those diary entries any longer. I think I will just suggest that place names should be included in the festival title.
    I've got some work for you Conrad (or Dave - I'm not fussy!). Maybe it's been discussed in another thread, but how feasible would it be to add the festivals to a map? I'm thinking just festivals (not pubs) to avoid clutter, and probably just starting at UK level, so users can just zoom into whatever area they fancy.

Sometimes, it would be handy to check on an area and see what's coming up - in case I'm around, or planning a visit, but not so bothered about the date. It would obviously be nice to restrict by date, but let's not get too greedy, eh?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

We are looking at it. The big problem is getting the location from address, every address system we have used so far seem to have different limitations that irritate.

Me and Dave were chatting about it earlier and it is certainly a target.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Excellent! Glad it was something on your radar, and not some absurd request that had you tutting in despair at your demanding audience

The Cross Keys in Chute (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/66545/) is having a small beer festival next weekend. Details are:

Friday 13th & Saturday 14th August

18 Ales from Wiltshire, Hampshire and Berkshire, including:

Upham Brewery
    Braydon ales
    Suthwyk Ales
    Hensting Brewery
    West Berks Brewery
    Box Steam

There will be live music both nights and BBQ Friday and Hog Roast Saturday.

For info please see www.upperchute.com

Afternote: have just spotted that this is already on the Festivals calendar - apologies.
    Last edited by ETA; 30-07-2010 at 07:03. Reason: Afternote.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Default Beer & Sausage fest - Titchfield

Hi Conrad

I am trying in vain to add a beer & sausage festival being held at the Wheatsheaf Inn, Titchfield over August Bank Hol weekend Friday 27 Aug evening to Monday 30th evening

Trouble is every time I enter the address & postcode of 1 East Street Titchfield, Fareham PO14 4AD

Your system wants to site it in Locks Heath, which will confuse the hell out of anyone trying to find it, Titchfield is just a village on its own,the Locks Heath area, which is miles away [pub there is Lock stock & barrel] and has SO31 6DX postcode

Any ideas?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Not going to be solved until we get the new version out, it is actually tied into the question about maps, the old version does actually put the festival onto a map that we never display, but to do that it needs to match the address with Google which can be a lost cause. I am planning to do it very differently in the new version.

Until then if you just put the real address in the description and accept any old thing it offers - we will correct it before approving it.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Thanks Conrad, had to go with Locks Heath instead of Titchfield

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

First visit to Duke of Wellington (Balls Pond Rd) for me yesterday. I liked the pub - I don't think the photos of the austere exterior do it any favours & would have liked to add an image of the light, horseshoe bar area, but no camera.
    The Yorkshire beer festival had a great little 16 page booklet including tasting notes, a map of (some of) Yorkshire's brewing areas, and even comment on 'Yorkshire Squares' & the sparkler debate (concluding that a sparkler could be added on request - but obviously not for the greater number of ales which were on stills). £3.30pp was disappointing tho.
    At the main (actual) bar they had some non-Yorkshire beers, including one from Marble, but it was Marble 57 (at 5.7%) so I wasn't starting on that!

The Garden Ladder in Harringay had 4 Brodies on stillage and 2 Redemption on pump, they'd run out of a popular line which I failed to note, but another that was unavailable (presume finished???) was Mexican Bandit, which I recall featured recently in babotw? Not a traditional venue, but really good welcome, beers £2.80 and guv asked if we had a Camra card for 30p pp disc. Our one member did not have his card, but otherwise discount would have been applied to the round. Yes, well worth the visit.