Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer Festivals

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Would be interested to know if anyone is interested in this one, would be nice to meet up with some of the PuG'ers and finally meet Ed and tell him to get on with his self promotion

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Bit off my track I'm afraid. However I have just added Pompey beer festival and the Barley Mow, Southsea one. Both in August

The Barley Mow one is week long, twenty odd beers, so I may get down there on a few days [bus stop nearby]

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Not long now until the GBBF 2010, but the CAMRA site still has not populated the prospective beer 'list'.
    As I may be in the country for the first time since the festival moved to Earls Court, I find myself wondering whether the elusive Wye Valley, and specifically the (now infamous) Butty Bach, will be represented.

Anyone planning to attend the big'un, &/or the Yorkshire fest I noticed advertised in The Full Pint at Duke of Wellington, Balls Pond Rd N1, 29Jul-02Aug? That pub seems to have won N.London pub of the season, Spring, (too many awards, I wonder?), but no reviews on PG yet. Opportunity knocks...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Not long now until the GBBF 2010,
    Done it once - never again. Absolute nightmare. I'd only be interested if there is a decent band on.

I'm down at GBBF this year for the whole shebang. Set up, serve, quality control, quality control, quality control, serve, quality control, take down, back to the pub.

The reason being the business plan is to add another 25 beers a year, upto 150. Considering we've already booked Melissa Cole and Zak Avery on the beer side with the AWIB, and the Welsh Literature part of the Welsh Assembly is getting involved with finance and advertising, the 'Hay Festival' office have shown an interest and on the other side of town a film festival is being organised with directors, writers and actors. The only beer festival before was the 22/23 beer festival I did the same weekend last year. 4500 turned up to the Hereford Camra beer fest, the one which ran out of beer last year. I need around 1000 people to turn up and buy 2 pints for it to be a success financially.

Gbbf layout could be interesting - in alphabetical order according to GBG region. So as an example, Breconshire Brewery beers won't be found on the bar at 'B'. Nor 'P' for Powys. They'll be under 'M', for Mid-Wales. Daft as hell.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Done it once - never again. Absolute nightmare. I
    Interesting, my couple of visits when at Olympia never seemed too bad for space and getting served. Maybe I'll nip in of an afternoon if I'm around.

Anyone been to Nottingham 'fest? Last year does sound to have been something of a 'mare, with cider running out even by friday night - and ale early Sat nt!
    An invite is under consideration, but it would have to be the Thurs or Fri afternoon for me - I ain't queuing 3-deep anywhere. Plenty of decent N'ham pubs to go to afterwards.

http://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2009...festival-2009/

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Loved the Nottingham fest last year and am booking caravan at Arnold so I can do a few days in Nottingham and the festival again this year.

Short notice one from one of my haunts:

24TH JULY 2010.

THE MALET ARMS BEER FESTIVAL

20+ ALES ON SHOW

ENTERTAINMENT

ASSORTED BELLY TIMBER [By which I think he means food]

FROM 12 NOON

Sent to me by the landlord. Pub is at http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65628/

Saw a notice outside the Copperhouse in Hayle, Corwall as we drove past saying a beer festival of 30 beers starts today.

Couldn't get more details, but I will be going today so can put details on here after I have been there.
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 22-07-2010 at 21:39.

The festival didn't start till 7pm today so we didn't get any of the beer, but it was well set up on stillages.

The beer list was countrywide, but all mainstream beers, Black Sheep, Fullers, Ringwood, Triple FFF, Orkney, Hop Back to name a few I remember. No new ales for us, but I imagine Cornish folk used to just the big three and the odd guest would find it brilliant.

Gill