Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Festivals

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default Beer Festivals

We have noticed that Quaffale have removed their beer festivals listings meaning that I think we are now by far the best festival listing site on the web. With this in mind I am about to try and do a new push on them (so with some luck changes in the next couple of months , so slooooow).

Things I hope to do,
    - Move it onto the new template with the links across the top
    - Improve the address submission (can't be any worse)
    - Add a button to the pubs to add a beer festival to the pub
    - Add filters to the listing so that you can see what counties and towns have festivals
    - If I can think of a way make the listings appear clearer
    - Allow members to tag the fact they are going to the festival
    - Possibly let festival runners re-edit their festival page

I'm not promising all of these, but will do my best, is there anything you would like to see on them?

Also feel free to promote us to anywhere you think may be interested

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Someone on Scoopgen group on yahoo suggested your beer festival page to an enquirer wanting info for Exeter and Plymouth fests.

It is a much needed service to have somewhere to look up what festivals are happening, and have their links for beer lists.

We are in Cornwall for a few weeks, and I have looked for fests around here myself.

Going to Plymouth 16-17 July, and Lizard 2000 at Helston 29-31 July.

Interested in any others pub or CAMRA run that may be known out there.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

You could do with a network of geographically diverse contributors, Conrad, and an easy way for them to enter festival data (pending moderation) from local Camra magazines or direct pub knowledge. I'd happily do it from London Drinker, though I'm not in my usual 'circulation' at the moment, but from the most recent online version the only missing dates I noticed were 21-25Jul at Pembury Tavern http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25070/. A pal occasionally mails me Opening Times (Stockport/South Manchester) so I'll keep a weather eye on that if/when it arrives.

Anyone else have local mags? I recall being asked whether I had a beer belly in Rochester (it was quite evident I did!) but, to the locals amusement, & my own, it turned out the barmaid was referring to Rochester Beer Belly, the local ale mag. So... there must be plenty of Aylesbury Ales, Dudley Drinkers, Brummy Beers, Salopian Suppings, Dartford Dipsos, Lancashire on the Lash, and Yorkshire Guzzlers out there.

I imagine you could get a list from Camra and the local branches would probably send free copies if they knew their festivals (pub or independent) were gaining exposure.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    You could do with a network of geographically diverse contributors, Conrad, and an easy way for them to enter festival data (pending moderation) from local Camra magazines or direct pub knowledge. I'd happily do it from London Drinker, though I'm not in my usual 'circulation' at the moment, but from the most recent online version the only missing dates I noticed were 21-25Jul at Pembury Tavern http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/25070/. A pal occasionally mails me Opening Times (Stockport/South Manchester) so I'll keep a weather eye on that if/when it arrives.

Anyone else have local mags? I recall being asked whether I had a beer belly in Rochester (it was quite evident I did!) but, to the locals amusement, & my own, it turned out the barmaid was referring to Rochester Beer Belly, the local ale mag. So... there must be plenty of Aylesbury Ales, Dudley Drinkers, Brummy Beers, Salopian Suppings, Dartford Dipsos, Lancashire on the Lash, and Yorkshire Guzzlers out there.

I imagine you could get a list from Camra and the local branches would probably send free copies if they knew their festivals (pub or independent) were gaining exposure.
    Strange , i usually manage to pick up the Hereford Hopvine and Worcester Pint Taken CAMRA mags on my travels but never see any local ones for Shropshire ?
    Last edited by Oggwyn Trench; 07-07-2010 at 18:36. Reason: need a drink
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Acctualy the CAMRA mags are good for listing opening/closing pubs
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Acctualy the CAMRA mags are good for listing opening/closing pubs
    Agreed. Wakefield's 'O to K' (Ossett to Knottingley) is very good in that respect.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I always collect mags at pubs and fests and keep the latest of each in a shoebox at home, so if I go into an area I have that area's mag to take with me. That's the theory anyway.

As I get a new one, I recycle the old one to a pub or fest.

One of the best for fests is the RURAD that appears around Derbyshire. They have an on-line site, but give a brilliant list of pub and CAMRA fests.

I have Pint Sides (Coventry) listing 7-11 July Derby, 9-11 July Hereford, 29-31 July Stafford, 12-14 Aug Worcester.

Derby Drinker 14-17 July Dolphin and Silk Mill beer fest in Derby.the Alexander 22-24 July, Unicorn at Newton Solney 28 July - 1 August.

L.A.S.T Orders Litchfield Tamworth area show 15-17 July Bromsgrove, 29-31 July Stafford.

One and Ale Cornwall shows 22-23 Oct Falmouth Beer Festival.

Yes, these mags have a wealth of info, and I am quite happy to reproduce here any info I pick up from them on a thread like this if anyone wants me to.

And there are more fests.
    Out in Brum. Birmingham fest 28-30 October,
    Eagle fest in Brum 23-24 July,
    Wellington Brum 29-31 July,
    Lye Crickey Club and Sadlers fest 19-21 Aug,
    Salopian Bar in Shrewsbury Strong Ale fest 24-26 Sept, Salopian also have a RedEye Cider fest 2nd Weekend of July and last weekend of August.
    Old Moseley Arms Balsall Heath 22-24 July.

All the fest info I have got from skimming through the mags and adverts.

Having a proper look in the mags we have in the caravan to dish out to Cornish pubs and found some more fests.

24-25 Sept...4th Ascot Racecourse Beer Festival
    12-25 July...Ciderfest at The Victoria, John Bright Street, Birmingham.

Will have a look in the CAMRA paper What's Brewing as they get local as well as big CAMRA fests in.

Whats Brewing fests from small ads in any order.

22-25.7.10...Hawkshead brewery 4th fest
    22-24.7.10...Beer on the Farm. 36th Kent fest
    27-30 Aug...Bridge End Inn, Ruabon, Wrexham
    20-21.8.10...Pompey Beer fest
    28.7-1.8.10...Whitchurch Cricket Club
    13-14.8.10...Guilford Cricket Club
    26-29.8.10...Bewdley Beer Fest
    7.8.10...Lions Club(Red & Black Club of Tavistock FC
    2-5.9.10...Queen Adelaide, Northampton fest
    16-18.7.10... Star Inn, Glossop fest
    23-24.7.10...Wykefest food and beer fest, Weymouth
    30.7-1.8.10...Tunnel House Inn, Coates.Beer and Music fest

Phew, this could be a big job and I haven't started on What's Brewing CAMRA fests. Anyone wanting info on these can probably find Whats Brewing on the CAMRA site for full info.