Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: 2019 AUTUMN PUG Crawl

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,066

    Default 2019 AUTUMN PUG Crawl

    I'll soon be booking advance tickets for September so I'm starting this one off. There is a plethora of other places from previous discussions but I'm going for Loughborough and Stourbridge, both towns that have increased their credentials over the last couple of years.
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 24-06-2019 at 12:42.

  2. #2
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,786

    Default

    I think I'll be gone by 2919 !

    Well there's no argument it's the turn of the Midlands (depending on how defined ); the usual date is around the second/third Friday in November, which would be the 15th this year although last year it was October.

    The last poll for the Midlands was http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...mer-2018-Crawl when Loughborough tied for second place with Newark, Lichfield and Norwich tied for third, Stourbridge was joint last along with Stamford and Bridgnorth. I've been to all those except Norwich and wouldn't be unhappy with any of them.

    Other towns I suppose we might consider would be Northampton, Kettering(!), Grantham, Cambridge even Peterborough?

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I think I'll be gone by 2919 !

    Well there's no argument it's the turn of the Midlands (depending on how defined ); the usual date is around the second/third Friday in November, which would be the 15th this year although last year it was October.

    The last poll for the Midlands was http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...mer-2018-Crawl when Loughborough tied for second place with Newark, Lichfield and Norwich tied for third, Stourbridge was joint last along with Stamford and Bridgnorth. I've been to all those except Norwich and wouldn't be unhappy with any of them.

    Other towns I suppose we might consider would be Northampton, Kettering(!), Grantham, Cambridge even Peterborough?
    Here we go again!

    Shurley Cambridge is in the South. Much further South than last years "border" town Peterborough!

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Here we go again!

    Shurley Cambridge is in the South. Much further South than last years "border" town Peterborough!
    Hasn't Cambridge been considered for the South? I would call it South as it's in Southern Cambs.

  5. #5
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Here we go again!

    Shurley Cambridge is in the South. Much further South than last years "border" town Peterborough!
    gosh that didn't take long.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  6. #6
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Hasn't Cambridge been considered for the South? I would call it South as it's in Southern Cambs.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    gosh that didn't take long.
    According to GeographyGalore, Cambridge is in the East!

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Standing at the bar
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Mrs Ale here - having been to Grantham quite a few years ago, it's not somewhere I'd rush back to, the Spoons was about the best pub there - maybe it's changed since then! Thought Northampton was excellent with a good variety of decent pubs, didn't find it that expensive though...
    Last edited by Real Ale Ray; 24-06-2019 at 18:51.
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

  8. #8
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    According to GeographyGalore, Cambridge is in the East!
    Yes, and not even East Midlands. It's a bugger to get to unless you've got a very good reason.
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #9
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Here we go again!

    Shurley Cambridge is in the South. Much further South than last years "border" town Peterborough!
    But Hereford is south of Cambridge and it's definitely in the Midlands. Hmmm...

  10. #10
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Grand Union
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    But Hereford is south of Cambridge and it's definitely in the Midlands. Hmmm...
    Never been to Hereford,how does it stack up from a pub crawl point of view ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 184
    Last Post: 25-11-2018, 01:11
  2. Venue for Autumn Crawl 12th October 2018
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-06-2018, 09:49
  3. Pubs Galore - the next crawl (Stockport, Autumn 2017)
    By sheffield hatter in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 29-11-2017, 19:10
  4. Autumn/Winter PuG Crawl 2016 ?
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 30-11-2016, 12:15
  5. Autumn House, Hammersmith
    By rpadam in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-06-2012, 13:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •