Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Day Motion supporting community pubs

My newly elected MP Simon Danczuk is one of the 150 who have signed the Motion.

Not surprising really as he and his girlfriend are regulars in The Baum!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Done

Glass Half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I e-mailed yesterday and received a very prompt reply today, hmmm. Standard letter I'd guess It goes blah blah then refers to the cider tax reduction, binge drinking, public finance issues then helpfully advises that "as a Parliamentary Private Secretary" he is not in a position to sign Early Day Motions. What a See You Next Tuesday. I imagine Sebastian wrote it....(Little Britain)

Ptg, is Stephen Hammond your MP too, or are you fortunate enough to be Mitcham and Morden?
    just had the same letter.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

All I got back from my MP Steve McCabe, is an automatic reply that he gets hundreds of e-mails and they are prioritised by date and urgency.

Will keep fingers crossed.

This Space For Hire

I got a repy from Richard Ottaway's secretary saying he'd already signed it ( which I knew but I thought I'd remind him of it anyway,) but I also now know these things do get read, which surprised me somewhat.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Done.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Got a fast reply from my MP today informing me that he wouldn't be signing the EDM. Quite a rational but standard response that included cheap shots at the last government, the reversal of cider duties and the problematical fiscal state that the country is in. Admire the guys honesty and will formulate a reasoned response when I'm in a more reasoned mood, i.e. less pissed.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    Got a fast reply from my MP today informing me that he wouldn't be signing the EDM. Quite a rational but standard response that included cheap shots at the last government, the reversal of cider duties and the problematical fiscal state that the country is in. Admire the guys honesty and will formulate a reasoned response when I'm in a more reasoned mood, i.e. less pissed.
    Have to admit that I was quite glad to spot my MP had signed it as I ended up removing quite a bit of the letter as I didn't agree with it all.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Had reply from my MP secretary, same as Millay's. He will not sign any EDMs, cost too much to taxpayer and none ever were debated in last Parliament. Went on about cider tax, less than cost price selling by supermarkets, bigging up the zero increase in beer duty, loves pubs, at the centre of community etc etc

As the constituency is mostly rural or small market towns there are obviously a lot of pubs he needs to be aware of, and I get the impression is very aware of looking out not to harm them

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Our local MP , David Wright has signed it which is strange as he is one of the most vocal in wanting to demolish the Lord Hill in Dawley ...... dont trust any of em
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !