Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Day Motion supporting community pubs

This Space For Hire

Default Early Day Motion supporting community pubs

http://campaign.publicaffairsbriefin...0-d448c50b884b

I know it's tempting to be cynical but this is worth doing. 132 MPs have signed so far. The more that do the more the government will take notice.

"That this House recognises the social, economic and cultural importance of well-run community pubs, which provide a safe and sociable environment for the consumption of alcohol among friends and are an essential community meeting place; notes the ideas put forward in the Campaign for Real Ale's Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers Charter which received support from 670 candidates at the last election, 150 of whom were elected; welcomes the genuine cross party consensus on the need to support and protect well-run community pubs; and so urges the Government to implement a package of policies which will help secure the future of viable and well-run community pubs."

Glass Half Full

Done.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Worth a go, my MP hasn't signed yet so I've sent an e-mail. As I know where he lives I've mentioned a couple of local pubs in the hope that he might think about it seriously.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I e-mailed yesterday and received a very prompt reply today, hmmm. Standard letter I'd guess It goes blah blah then refers to the cider tax reduction, binge drinking, public finance issues then helpfully advises that "as a Parliamentary Private Secretary" he is not in a position to sign Early Day Motions. What a See You Next Tuesday. I imagine Sebastian wrote it....(Little Britain)

Ptg, is Stephen Hammond your MP too, or are you fortunate enough to be Mitcham and Morden?
    Last edited by Maldenman; 06-07-2010 at 21:03.

Glass Half Full

I come under Hammond, and before voting insisted if he wants my vote he comes down to see me. He ignored me, and then, within an hour of me posting http://www.powmerton.co.uk/pub-crisi...n-hammond.html on the internet, he was on the phone to tell me he's made time to see me. When he came in, he sounded almost ideological about the pub trade, and I don't necessarily disbelieve him - there's a video of him on the internet half cut stating that he backs the British pub - I've seen worse MPs and AM's over the years to be fair; although, if we were two streets down, we'd come under Siobhan's ward, and apparently she's very good as a locally focussed MP.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Siobhan is excellent. I have no faith in Hammond at all, lip service, cap dropping Tory.

I used to live in Merton Abbey, hence my knowledge of your pub, local MP and area.

Done.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Done

Sorted!

I could not see my local muppets name on the list so I sent an e mail.