Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Ones that got away...

Threaded View

Spritzer Swallower

Default Ones that got away...

I started a similar thread a few years ago regarding pubs you miss the most. In a similar vein, which pubs had you always been angling for, but never got chance to visit? I always feel these are like an itch that you can't scratch. Mine, in no particular order;

Ye Olde Nelson, Salford- Chapel Street is a sad state of affairs these days, and this is probably the greatest loss.

Ship Victory, Chester- always saw it from the walls, was a GBG regular in the 00s, I overlooked it too many times on a crawl...

Crocker's Folly, London (I'm aware that this is open again now, but it looks more like a Lebanese restaurant than the boozer it was.)

Land O' Cakes, Manchester- pretty unique name, an imposing boozer from an era when the NQ had more grit and character than it does now.

Pot of beer, Manchester- would have made a great triple header with the Angel and Marble Arch but I never made it here until it was too late.

Chain Locker, North Shields- opposite the ferry landing and with a great exterior, I first passed by a few days after its closure.

Whip, Leeds- A pretty well-known pub, ruined before I ever got to crawl round Leeds.

Cock & Bottle, Bradford- NI pub that I had always wanted to include on a Bradford crawl, which is something I still haven't done.

Market Tavern, Birmingham- lots of good boozers in Digbeth, this was always there but was never open. A one-time NI pub.

Vulcan, Cardiff- seemed to split opinion, I know it was down-at-heel but would have liked to see it for myself- i tend to like such places.

I'm sure there are more that have slipped my mind. Sorry about the northern bias!
    Last edited by Wiganer; 29-05-2019 at 12:07.