Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Crawl July 2019

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Are you going to reveal which part?
    If you insist: nearest pub. I rather doubt I could make a day trip to Sheffield from there, even if I was permitted!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    If you insist: nearest pub. I rather doubt I could make a day trip to Sheffield from there, even if I was permitted!
    Blimey! I doubt it as well. It looks like it's as close to Lampeter (no train service) as Carmarthen (crap train service). I hope it stops raining for you!

I've got the rail tickets, via Doncaster on th4e Wednesday and direct to St Pancras on the Saturday. Anyone planning to travel South via Doncaster on the Saturday should note that there doesn't appear to be any ECML trains with the web site sending you via Sheffield or Derby on the Midland line.

This Space For Hire

I've got the rail tickets, via Doncaster on th4e Wednesday and direct to St Pancras on the Saturday. Anyone planning to travel South via Doncaster on the Saturday should note that there doesn't appear to be any ECML trains with the web site sending you via Sheffield or Derby on the Midland line.
    Much of King's Cross is closed that weekend with just 4 trains per hour running. So still possible, but that probably means cheap advance tickets have been axed as the trains will be full.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Much of King's Cross is closed that weekend with just 4 trains per hour running. So still possible, but that probably means cheap advance tickets have been axed as the trains will be full.
    I had a quick look for something like that but couldn't find it. I guess it will mean that the Saturday advance tickets from Sheffield will be short lived but I caught mine early. It must soon be time to start the discussions (aka arguments) about the Autumn Extravaganza.

OK that's me booked in on the trains this morning as well..
    Will be coming up on Friday morning via Donny arriving in Sheffield at 10.13AM and then on the 7.00PM direct back to London on the Saturday..

So will now start looking for reasonably priced city center accommodation for the Friday night near the station..

Anyone else planning to stay over in Sheffield on the Friday ?
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Just coming up for the main Friday crawl.

I'm travelling from Stevenage via Donny arriving at 10.48am and then departing later the same day at 20.30pm.Very good deal with my old boy railcard.

I know it's still 11 weeks away but just wondering if Will has come up with a rough plan for the Friday crawl ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    OK that's me booked in on the trains this morning as well..
    Will be coming up on Friday morning via Donny arriving in Sheffield at 10.13AM and then on the 7.00PM direct back to London on the Saturday..

So will now start looking for reasonably priced city center accommodation for the Friday night near the station..

Anyone else planning to stay over in Sheffield on the Friday ?
    I'm on the same train back on Saturday coach A seat 03A. I get there Wednesday and am staying at the PI just to the North of Castle Square. I'm hoping to get round some Abbeyddale and Thornbridge tied houses but I got the impression that SH is planning a second not Kelham Island crawl for the Saturday.

I got the impression that SH is planning a second not Kelham Island crawl for the Saturday.
    Yes, Will was in my North London neck of the woods yesterday and we met up for a Sunday lunchtime beer...
    He will definitely be putting something together for the Saturday as well and even mentioned proposing something for those who will be staying over on the Thursday night. I unfortunately cannot come up on the Thursday..

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    I know it's still 11 weeks away but just wondering if Will has come up with a rough plan for the Friday crawl ?
    Will's cycling round the place at the moment ticking off places we put forward on our top pubs list that he hasn't been to yet. He was in North London yesterday lunchtime targeting to go down to Surbiton for the Antelope I believe. Then he's off to Kent for all the new Micro pubs in the Cinque ports by the end of this week. So I think we may need to wait a few weeks for a proposed running list..