Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Crawl July 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Met Office app agrees that Thursday is not a day for spending outside, but is more optimistic for Friday than the BBC.

Just to confirm: what is the start time and venue?
    I should have paid more attention, the Friday storms are for the South, notably affecting Wimblebore a very dull event with which the BBC has a grotesque obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Anyone staying over might like to know there is a beer festival at the Rising Sun Fulwood Road Thursday to Sunday. Been there before, but too far out for us now I reckon, Will be more than happy with our usual Sheffield pub run.

Gill
    The 120 bus goes to the Rising Sun. Frequent service. You should give it a go.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Just to confirm: what is the start time and venue?
    See post #59 above for detailed itinerary. There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Come On You Hatters!

Checking back on the route in case I have to take this test, I'm starting in the Bath Hotel but depending on their beers may meet the main group in the Wellington. It looks like buses 81 and 82 could prove useful for me. I'll be visiting the Sheffield Tap on Saturday evening before getting the train back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Checking back on the route in case I have to take this test, I'm starting in the Bath Hotel but depending on their beers may meet the main group in the Wellington. It looks like buses 81 and 82 could prove useful for me. I'll be visiting the Sheffield Tap on Saturday evening before getting the train back.
    The Bath is only a short walk from the University tram stop. Get off at Shalesmoor tram stop for the Wellington. The 81/82 buses stop near the Wellington all right, but they don't get anywhere near the Bath.

Our arrival time at the Bath is 14.20, at the Wellington (just checking the test paper to see what the correct answer might be) any time between 3pm and 4, depending on how dissolute, or do I mean disparate, or possibly dispeptic, the group has become. Why don't you join us earlier at the Rutland? Or at the Dev Cat?
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 08-07-2019 at 23:35.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Only kidding, of course. Meet any time from 11.15am at the Sheffield Tap (it opens at 10am on Fridays) or 12.15pm at the Rutland Arms.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I should have paid more attention, the Friday storms are for the South, notably affecting Wimblebore a very dull event with which the BBC has a grotesque obsession.
    I'm fairly sure given my luck that the weather will be pretty pleasant on Friday. Proper beer garden weather and a chance for some much needed vitamin D.

The Bath is only a short walk from the University tram stop. Get off at Shalesmoor tram stop for the Wellington. The 81/82 buses stop near the Wellington all right, but they don't get anywhere near the Bath.
    Sorry, I didn't make it clear but I'm aware iof the tram situation. I reckon I can use the 81/82 to get to the Shakespeare from the Wellington. Even though it's only a couple of stops it will make it a lot easier for me. It also appears that it will get me back to the hotel and also the Sheaf Island if I decide to go there.

Our arrival time at the Bath is 14.20, at the Wellington (just checking the test paper to see what the correct answer might be) any time between 3pm and 4, depending on how dissolute, or do I mean disparate, or possibly dispeptic, the group has become. Why don't you join us earlier at the Rutland? Or at the Dev Cat?
    I've alreasy been to the Rutland and the Dev Cat. I'd prefer to have a longer stay ib a new pub and more importantly avoid rhe walking which is becoming increasingly difficult.

Pubs on or near the crawl and wildcards giving a CAMRA discount.

Red Deer, Bath Hotel, Ship Inn, Dove & Rainbow, Dog & Partridge.

Check the CAMRA discount list for full details and for the many other pubs in Sheffield on the list.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

See post #59 above for detailed itinerary. There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Got it: Sheffield Tap, Platform 1b, 11.15-12.15. If my broken toe has stopped hurting, and I can make it as far as Platform 9 3/4 at this end.