Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 125

Thread: Sheffield Crawl July 2019

  1. #81
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Met Office app agrees that Thursday is not a day for spending outside, but is more optimistic for Friday than the BBC.

    Just to confirm: what is the start time and venue?
    I should have paid more attention, the Friday storms are for the South, notably affecting Wimblebore a very dull event with which the BBC has a grotesque obsession.

  2. #82
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    Anyone staying over might like to know there is a beer festival at the Rising Sun Fulwood Road Thursday to Sunday. Been there before, but too far out for us now I reckon, Will be more than happy with our usual Sheffield pub run.

    Gill
    The 120 bus goes to the Rising Sun. Frequent service. You should give it a go.
    Come On You Hatters!

  3. #83
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Just to confirm: what is the start time and venue?
    See post #59 above for detailed itinerary. There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Come On You Hatters!

  4. #84
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Checking back on the route in case I have to take this test, I'm starting in the Bath Hotel but depending on their beers may meet the main group in the Wellington. It looks like buses 81 and 82 could prove useful for me. I'll be visiting the Sheffield Tap on Saturday evening before getting the train back.

  5. #85
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Checking back on the route in case I have to take this test, I'm starting in the Bath Hotel but depending on their beers may meet the main group in the Wellington. It looks like buses 81 and 82 could prove useful for me. I'll be visiting the Sheffield Tap on Saturday evening before getting the train back.
    The Bath is only a short walk from the University tram stop. Get off at Shalesmoor tram stop for the Wellington. The 81/82 buses stop near the Wellington all right, but they don't get anywhere near the Bath.

    Our arrival time at the Bath is 14.20, at the Wellington (just checking the test paper to see what the correct answer might be) any time between 3pm and 4, depending on how dissolute, or do I mean disparate, or possibly dispeptic, the group has become. Why don't you join us earlier at the Rutland? Or at the Dev Cat?
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 08-07-2019 at 22:35.
    Come On You Hatters!

  6. #86
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Only kidding, of course. Meet any time from 11.15am at the Sheffield Tap (it opens at 10am on Fridays) or 12.15pm at the Rutland Arms.
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #87
    I'll stay on me own
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I should have paid more attention, the Friday storms are for the South, notably affecting Wimblebore a very dull event with which the BBC has a grotesque obsession.
    I'm fairly sure given my luck that the weather will be pretty pleasant on Friday. Proper beer garden weather and a chance for some much needed vitamin D.

  8. #88
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    The Bath is only a short walk from the University tram stop. Get off at Shalesmoor tram stop for the Wellington. The 81/82 buses stop near the Wellington all right, but they don't get anywhere near the Bath.
    Sorry, I didn't make it clear but I'm aware iof the tram situation. I reckon I can use the 81/82 to get to the Shakespeare from the Wellington. Even though it's only a couple of stops it will make it a lot easier for me. It also appears that it will get me back to the hotel and also the Sheaf Island if I decide to go there.


    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Our arrival time at the Bath is 14.20, at the Wellington (just checking the test paper to see what the correct answer might be) any time between 3pm and 4, depending on how dissolute, or do I mean disparate, or possibly dispeptic, the group has become. Why don't you join us earlier at the Rutland? Or at the Dev Cat?
    I've alreasy been to the Rutland and the Dev Cat. I'd prefer to have a longer stay ib a new pub and more importantly avoid rhe walking which is becoming increasingly difficult.

  9. #89
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    4,867

    Default

    Pubs on or near the crawl and wildcards giving a CAMRA discount.

    Red Deer, Bath Hotel, Ship Inn, Dove & Rainbow, Dog & Partridge.

    Check the CAMRA discount list for full details and for the many other pubs in Sheffield on the list.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  10. #90
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    See post #59 above for detailed itinerary. There will be a test before we leave the first pub, to make sure everyone has been paying attention!
    Got it: Sheffield Tap, Platform 1b, 11.15-12.15. If my broken toe has stopped hurting, and I can make it as far as Platform 9 3/4 at this end.

Similar Threads

  1. Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 12-04-2019, 21:15
  2. PUG Summer Crawl 2019
    By Aqualung in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-04-2019, 22:02
  3. Sheffield Crawl this Saturday
    By Al 10000 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-04-2014, 15:17
  4. Bourne Pub Crawl 16 July 2011
    By Al 10000 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-07-2011, 21:33
  5. A Soggy Sheffield Crawl
    By oldboots in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 21:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •