Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 125

Thread: Sheffield Crawl July 2019

  1. #1
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Sheffield Crawl July 2019

    Doesn't look like I'll make this one I'm afraid.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

  2. #2
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    On the eve of the deadline Fri 12th July has emerged as the front runner. The next question is should the emphasis be on Kelham Island or the City Centre? I'm fairly relaxed over this but if pushed would opt for KI. My main objective for a 3 night stay is to try and get round some Thornbridge and Abbeydale pubs. Am I right in thinking that the Sheffield tram system is free to holders of the English Freedom Pass?

  3. #3
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the Sheffield tram system is free to holders of the English Freedom Pass?
    Yes, apparently. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/supert...cket-info#tab8. Though remarkably few decent pubs are accessible via the tram system.

    I'll still have to pay though, as the anticipated winning date is two days before my 65th birthday.

    (And I won't qualify for the bus pass until the following May. Curses. )
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 10-04-2019 at 00:36.
    Come On You Hatters!

  4. #4
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    On the eve of the deadline Fri 12th July has emerged as the front runner. The next question is should the emphasis be on Kelham Island or the City Centre? I'm fairly relaxed over this but if pushed would opt for KI. My main objective for a 3 night stay is to try and get round some Thornbridge and Abbeydale pubs.
    I'm sure these criteria will be borne in mind by whoever devises the route(s) for the two days. Now, do we have anyone living in Sheffield who contributes to the site? Perhaps they can be persuaded...
    Come On You Hatters!

  5. #5
    This Space For Hire AlanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ruabon, Wrexham
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    On the eve of the deadline Fri 12th July has emerged as the front runner. The next question is should the emphasis be on Kelham Island or the City Centre? I'm fairly relaxed over this but if pushed would opt for KI.
    For me, the "KIT Cat" is essential. They are the Usual Suspects because they are the best, whether it's first visit or 200+ visits like the Manchester 'suspects are for me.

  6. #6
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'm sure these criteria will be borne in mind by whoever devises the route(s) for the two days. Now, do we have anyone living in Sheffield who contributes to the site? Perhaps they can be persuaded...
    Oh come on Will...... You know you want to....

    I would if Winchmore Hill N21 ever won a Southern vote......
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, apparently. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/supert...cket-info#tab8. Though remarkably few decent pubs are accessible via the tram system.

    I'll still have to pay though, as the anticipated winning date is two days before my 65th birthday.

    (And I won't qualify for the bus pass until the following May. Curses. )

    Thanks, I thought it was Sheffield that was free. The idea would be to use a mix of Trams and buses
    I'm pretty sure they do a 60+ pass in London. Is that just a London thing?

  8. #8
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yes, apparently. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/supert...cket-info#tab8. Though remarkably few decent pubs are accessible via the tram system.

    I'll still have to pay though, as the anticipated winning date is two days before my 65th birthday.

    (And I won't qualify for the bus pass until the following May. Curses. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Thanks, I thought it was Sheffield that was free. The idea would be to use a mix of Trams and buses
    I'm pretty sure they do a 60+ pass in London. Is that just a London thing?
    The old gits bus pass is available when you reach state pension age which in Will's, and indeed my case, appears to be 66, the old gits Railcard of course is from 60 for a charge, The Lunnen thing is this.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

  9. #9
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    The Lunnen thing is this.
    That is news to me and very interesting ob, thanks - some of us a with a couple of years to go had seen the freedom pass getting further away (mine is now 67), but for a small 'admin' charge, this baby appears to do the same magic...
    Thanks!

  10. #10
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Grand Union
    Posts
    2,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post

    The poll will close on 10th April.

    Don't ask me what happens if there is a tie.
    Thankfully there is a winner.......Friday 12th July


    Really looking forward to this ,although my liver won't be able to cope with two days boozing,so I will just be attending the main event on that Friday.

    I am quite happy for the crawl to include Kelham Island ,since my last Sheffield visit it seems the options in that part of the city have increased quite a bit.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Similar Threads

  1. Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019
    By Bucking Fastard in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 12-04-2019, 22:15
  2. PUG Summer Crawl 2019
    By Aqualung in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-04-2019, 23:02
  3. Sheffield Crawl this Saturday
    By Al 10000 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-04-2014, 16:17
  4. Bourne Pub Crawl 16 July 2011
    By Al 10000 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-07-2011, 22:33
  5. A Soggy Sheffield Crawl
    By oldboots in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 22:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •