Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Shepherd Neame'passport'

This Space For Hire

Default Shepherd Neame'passport'

Shepherd Neame has launched a monthly special beer as Cask Club, with a 'passport' type promotion for a free T-shirt and prize draw if you collect enough stickers.

Not a patch on the old Shep's passports of the 1970s/80s, which took us to assorted random bits of Kent (especially Sheerness!) . How many here can remember them? I still have some of the ties somewhere.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Shepherd Neame has launched a monthly special beer as Cask Club, with a 'passport' type promotion for a free T-shirt and prize draw if you collect enough stickers.

Not a patch on the old Shep's passports of the 1970s/80s, which took us to assorted random bits of Kent (especially Sheerness!) . How many here can remember them? I still have some of the ties somewhere.
    Was aware of 'em, never partook, as I found the prospect of Sheerness resistable, and I wasn't as fond of Sheps as I was originally.I think they "tidied up the yeast", which was a change for the worse.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I've never been tempted in trying to go round all the Sheps pubs but over the years have done many others. The real epic was going round all 17 Donnington pubs in a day when they shut at 14:30 so in the morning at least it was a case of getting the pint, knocking it back and then deciding it was time to go. It'ss just as well that their cooking beer was a very low ABV.