Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camra Pub Heritage website

Default Camra Pub Heritage website

At long last, Camra's Pub Heritage website is back online again (and with a much improved interface too).

DAVE - Any chance of getting an automatic link to the page for each pub with an interior of national or regional importance?

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    At long last, Camra's Pub Heritage website is back online again (and with a much improved interface too).

DAVE - Any chance of getting an automatic link to the page for each pub with an interior of national or regional importance?
    Yes that looks quite good.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

It's nowhere near perfect, and is still a work in progress. The search facilities will need to be improved for example. But they are getting there. Since the new website came live a week or so ago improvements have already been made.

The PG link to WhatPub then provides a link to the PHG site, but I would reckon a PG link to the PHG page for the pub would be nice to have and would advertise the fact that the pub in question is a heritage pub.

A great improvement:makes you want to visit 'em.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Not working for me, Opera browser, zero showing using England + Hampshire

Surely it can't be that you need to know the pub name before you can search?
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post

That works for me on Chrome, 22 results found.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post

On further investigation, it appear to really only be useful when searching by pub name (rather than location) in Microsoft Edge and hardly at all on Internet Explorer, although it appears that Chrome might work OK (although I don't use that myself)?

However, taking Portsmouth as an example, try this: https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pub...own=portsmouth

This Space For Hire

On further investigation, it appear to really only be useful when searching by pub name (rather than location) in Microsoft Edge and hardly at all on Internet Explorer, although it appears that Chrome might work OK (although I don't use that myself)?

However, taking Portsmouth as an example, try this: https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pub...own=portsmouth
    Fine with both Firefox and Safari on a Mac, and I've got aggressive ad/tracker blockers in place.

It looks to me like a lot of pics have disappeared. Hope they are put back in due course.

And just came across a pub that's been closed for a while, is the database supposed to be shared with What Pub do we know?
    Last edited by NickDavies; 24-03-2019 at 18:49.

Just Missed the Round

Tried it on Chrome on my phone at weekend, works as expected searching by Country and County and leaving the rest blank.

Just tried it on IE11 on the desktop and after selecting England in the country box, the County box goes from grey to white but then the drop downs stop responding (both Country and County).

Tried the same on Edge and it works fine.

Firefox (66) also working fine.

They wouldn't want the site to work too well as it would take away all those book sales (apart from the Luddites!)