Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camra Pub Heritage website

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    They wouldn't want the site to work too well as it would take away all those book sales (apart from the Luddites!)
    Yes, be terrible if a web site worked for everyone.
    Reminds me of early days when web sites used to have "best viewed in IE" or similar flag

Can they organise drinks in breweries?
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Tried it on Chrome on my phone at weekend, works as expected searching by Country and County and leaving the rest blank.
    This works on my 'phone too.

Just tried it on IE11 on the desktop and after selecting England in the country box, the County box goes from grey to white but then the drop downs stop responding (both Country and County).
    I get the same result.

Tried the same on Edge and it works fine.
    Doesn't work on my Edge, though, getting the same issue as with IE11, so I wonder how my settings are different?

Firefox (66) also working fine.
    Don't have this browser.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Doesn't work on my Edge, though, getting the same issue as with IE11, so I wonder how my settings are different?
    If it helps, my Edge settings must be pretty much at defaults, as I don't really use it other than when something doesn't work in IE.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    DAVE - Any chance of getting an automatic link to the page for each pub with an interior of national or regional importance?
    Yes I should definitely be able to set that up, I think perhaps it deserves an extra heading on the pub pages with the link to the heritage pubs site as it tends to be something worth flagging up properly.

I've been checking through the data and I think there are all but 40 of the pubs linked up.

Also I've set up this map which might be of some use https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/historic-interiors/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Yes I should definitely be able to set that up, I think perhaps it deserves an extra heading on the pub pages with the link to the heritage pubs site as it tends to be something worth flagging up properly.

I've been checking through the data and I think there are all but 40 of the pubs linked up.

Also I've set up this map which might be of some use https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/historic-interiors/
    Good work Dave!

This Space For Hire

Excellent improvement to the site - thanks for doing that.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

superb effort

Just Missed the Round

It's a thumbs up from me!

This Space For Hire

Very clever!

This Space For Hire

Yes, a great piece of work. Very saddening though, when I look at the vast swathes of country where I have visited pubs with superb unspoilt interiors that have been swept away or closed.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement