Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Chepstow

Hybrid View

Default Chepstow

Going away next month and staying not far from Chepstow. I would hope to get a couple of hours there at some point so which are the must do's?

I am a salmon !!

This Space For Hire

I've been doing Chepstow as bridge now free. Not much cop TBH that I've found but I drink lager, still a few to do. But The Five Alls and The Queens Head must be a start. There is also spoons The Bell Hanger (JD Wetherspoon)

Queens Head Micropub published hours.

The Queens Head 2.jpg
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 20-03-2019 at 17:23.

not visited for years but Coach & Horses Inn was good
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    not visited for years but Coach & Horses Inn was good
    Bland Brains pub when I went the other weekend would be a contender over others in the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Going away next month and staying not far from Chepstow. I would hope to get a couple of hours there at some point so which are the must do's?
    As others have pointed out, like most Welsh towns there isn't much there, When I visited I just went to the JDW as I had to get off to Monmouth. Cardiff and maybe Swansea at a pinch could sustain a PUG crawl but no other Welsh towns or cities. Even Bangor in the North which is a city and a university one is pretty dire, Caernarfon is arguably better but still not that great. If I ever return to Chepstow I'll make sure I get to the micropub.

Much as I expected - it doesn't look anything special apart from the micro and the spoon's.
    I will do my best to try them all though!! - purely in the interests of research.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    As others have pointed out, like most Welsh towns there isn't much there, When I visited I just went to the JDW as I had to get off to Monmouth. Cardiff and maybe Swansea at a pinch could sustain a PUG crawl but no other Welsh towns or cities. Even Bangor in the North which is a city and a university one is pretty dire, Caernarfon is arguably better but still not that great. If I ever return to Chepstow I'll make sure I get to the micropub.
    I have done a decent crawl in Cardiff and Swansea. I also had a reasonable crawl round Aberystwyth and Llandudno as well to be fair - mind you I am not over fussy, I'll take quantity over quality if I have to!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I have done a decent crawl in Cardiff and Swansea. I also had a reasonable crawl round Aberystwyth and Llandudno as well to be fair - mind you I am not over fussy, I'll take quantity over quality if I have to!
    Cardiff is actually a much improved city. I noticed two of the main three Brains pubs got fairly lukewarm responses some years ago but I thought they were fine. The Old Arcade now has two distinguished neighbours, a Crazy Devil Brewery "Craft Bar" and a decent Head Of Steam. There's also a new place opposite the JDW Central Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    If I ever return to Chepstow I'll make sure I get to the micropub.
    I can't yet find it online, but today's 'i' newspaper (as viewed earlier on in paper form in licensed premises) suggests that Chepstow is the happiest place in Wales?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I can't yet find it online, but today's 'i' newspaper (as viewed earlier on in paper form in licensed premises) suggests that Chepstow is the happiest place in Wales?
    Because it's only a couple of miles from England maybe and also due to toll removals the house prices have rocketed so if you lived there you'd be happy...
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 27-03-2019 at 00:39.