Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micropub oprning hours

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    What's worse in when pubs don't stick to their opening times. You arrive at 9.30, grab your pint and a seat then the bell goes at 9.40 for last orders simply because there are so few customers in the place. Mentioning no names: Bridge House
    This always seems like the beginning of the end to me. A regular haunt of mine in Manchester (back in the early 2000s) started doing this, or you'd turn up and it just wasn't open. This was after it had changed hands. Surprise surprise, it's now been turned into flats.

More recently I was at a brewery tap in Manchester which was meant to be open until 10pm. We went in around 8:45pm, ordered a drink and they started packing up around us telling us they were closing because they were quiet. You will be if you treat your customers like that!
    Last edited by RealAleRobUK; 19-03-2019 at 17:36. Reason: add waffle

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    What's worse in when pubs don't stick to their opening times. You arrive at 9.30, grab your pint and a seat then the bell goes at 9.40 for last orders simply because there are so few customers in the place. Mentioning no names: Bridge House
    Still not managed a pint at this place despite four attempts (admittedly not this year yet) all within 30 minutes after the stated opening times in the window, no sign of life on three occasions and once being told I'd have to wait another half an hour until they were ready. I don't mind pubs choosing there opening times, that's their choice, but having made that choice, please stick to them.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Turn off the motorway looking for a pint and a pee in some rural idyll at your peril. Chances are you'll give up on it and end up in a roadside Beefeater or Harvester, wishing you hadn't bothered.
    I know that feeling!