Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PUG Summer Crawl 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Have we ever considered Stafford? There seem to be a few decent pubs in the town centre and several more within walking distance.
    I certainly have and will let you do the honours for the Autumn Midlands extravaganza. It has the added plus of having a very cheap LNWR fare from Euston with the option of returning on a faster Virgin service. I believe it has good access for just about everyone.

Nobody has spoken out against Sheffield so can we take it as the venue and set up a poll for the date?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I certainly have and will let you do the honours for the Autumn Midlands extravaganza. It has the added plus of having a very cheap LNWR fare from Euston with the option of returning on a faster Virgin service. I believe it has good access for just about everyone.

Nobody has spoken out against Sheffield so can we take it as the venue and set up a poll for the date?
    Stafford is awfully close to Stoke/Newcastle-U-L - but not bad to get to even from Wales - and it is definitely in the North West Midlands!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Stafford is definitely in the North West Midlands!
    I'm glad that's been settled.
    Come On You Hatters!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

There doesn't seem to be much objection to Sheffield as the next venue but with advanced rail ticket now on sale for June maybe we should look at dates.I can do most Fridays or Saturday in June and July apart from the 28/29th June and 5th/6th July.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Isn’t there a Brexit related day in June 😩
    I’m good for 14th or 21st June or 5th and 12th July.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much objection to Sheffield as the next venue but with advanced rail ticket now on sale for June maybe we should look at dates.I can do most Fridays or Saturday in June and July apart from the 28/29th June and 5th/6th July.
    I'm glad you came up with this. as the only June weekend I have free is the 21-22nd and at the moment all of July. Given the irrelevance of Brexit to Portsmouth I don't think that should be a factor especially as it is probably a piece of OB mischief! I've already got advance tickets booked into mid June so can we set up a poll for all the Friday and Saturday dates from 07-08 Jun to the third week in July when I assume the school holidays begin but I'm not sure they would affect Sheffield that much.

This Space For Hire

No, one poll is nowhere near enough. I think we should have a series of indicative votes to determine the way forward...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    ...can we set up a poll for all the Friday and Saturday dates from 07-08 Jun to the third week in July when I assume the school holidays begin but I'm not sure they would affect Sheffield that much.
    I would suggest that the first weekend of June is too soon - tickets have already been on sale for some time. Maybe 21st June to 26th July (with the Friday including the Saturday, so that's six options)?

This may seem greedy, but I'm thinking of having two pub crawls in Sheffield - one on Friday and the other on Saturday. So those that want to do both days can, those that prefer a Saturday can do just that, and anyone who thinks their liver will not manage both days can do the Friday and slink off home to recover.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I would suggest that the first weekend of June is too soon - tickets have already been on sale for some time. Maybe 21st June to 26th July (with the Friday including the Saturday, so that's six options)?
    I'll go along with that. July suits me best and School Holidays probably wouldn't affect Sheffield much as far as travelling goes. I'll be looking to travel up Wednesday and return Saturday, preferably staying at a PI or TL near the tram network. Apart from the JDWs and Kelham Island I've been to very little in Sheffield.