Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POW's Beer Festival this weekend

Glass Half Full

Nothing too specific to the forum - people are going to have differing opinions, and I can understand that fully - Brewdog as mentioned has been a pain in the arse, but putting that aside, I partially blame the fact we're tied to Youngs and as such, our locals that don't drink elsewhere seem to have forgotten that variety exists.. even at a pound a pint, I have five people sitting at the bar now that won't experiment at all and are sticking to ordinary.

Some stats for anyone interested (as I'm bored and sitting in the festival tent looking through the staff incident log and till reports):

Most pints consumed : Dead heat between Wandle, Jorvik Blonde and Cobblestones
    Most Compliments : Tribute
    Most complaints from staff : The Physics
    Most complaints from customers : Espresso (as per my previous post, it doesn't "look" right was a common complaint)
    Glasses purchased : 34
    Glasses hired out : 249

I didn't think I'd be able to make it down this weekend, but thankfully I found myself free on the Sunday afternoon and had a good time.
    We enjoyed the hog roast and ate that whilst watching Nadal win Wimbledon on the big outdoor screen. I decided to start with a pint of Brewdog, but was informed by the barmaid that it had been problematic and was given a taster so I could make my own mind up (it wasn't drinkable), so I went for the Jorvik Blonde instead, which was lovely (even more so at £2 a pint!). I also tried the Dark Star Espresso (which poured a bit flat, but was still full of taste) and the Cotleigh Harrier.
    The refurb looked pretty good and we spent the rest of our time inside, playing darts (thanks to the staff for helping us with moving furniture, finding chalk etc...).
    I thought it was good for a first festival and I'll keep my eye out for any more in the future.

Glass Half Full

Thanks for the feedback - I don't suppose whilst you happened to be on-site you got a hi-res piccy of our sign that you can whizz over to me did you? my crappy little camera can't get the contrast right with a bright light behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by ptg View Post
    Thanks for the feedback - I don't suppose whilst you happened to be on-site you got a hi-res piccy of our sign that you can whizz over to me did you? my crappy little camera can't get the contrast right with a bright light behind it.
    No, sadly not. My other half borrowed my camera last week and left it at work over the weekend.

Liked the new sign though - a great improvement on the Elton John inspired previous effort!!!

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I took a picture of the new sign and added it to the pub listing on the main site yesterday if that helps.

Glass Half Full

Cool - any chance I can steal a copy of it for our website? if so, could you email it to pow@letsgettipsy.co.uk?

I'll try later, as I'm at work now. My computer at home is in its death throes though so if I can't it might have to wait until I replace it.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I'm happy to send an unwatermarked copy of what you posted from here if you like Maldenman? And just to check ptg, you do know that you will get increased spam by printing your email address on a web page?

I'm ok with that Conrad, feel free.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Posted on now, quite a large file, brilliant sign as well.

Thanks for confirming that MM.