Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham

Default Nottingham

Off to Nottingham soon for the football and staying over for a midweek game. Loads of pubs so looking for tips to thin out my list a little!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Off to Nottingham soon for the football and staying over for a midweek game. Loads of pubs so looking for tips to thin out my list a little!
    Can definitely recommend BeerHeadZ and Crafty Crow. Plenty of others to choose from, Nottingham's a good town for pubs. Have you tried Beeston?
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Can definitely recommend BeerHeadZ and Crafty Crow. Plenty of others to choose from, Nottingham's a good town for pubs. Have you tried Beeston?
    Got my eye on BeerHeadZ as it is right by the station! Crafty Crow is very close to my digs so that's a good call.

I went to Beeston years ago to visit the Spoon's. Only went in a couple there.

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I went to Beeston years ago to visit the Spoon's. Only went in a couple there.
    If you haven't already done the Crown Inn or The Victoria Hotel, they're worth getting off the train/tram for.
    Come On You Hatters!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Are you at Stoke on Sat, Del?
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Are you at Stoke on Sat, Del?
    Hi Soupy,

Sorry mate no, I'm not making the game tomorrow. You going?

I am a salmon !!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

If you haven't already done the Crown Inn or The Victoria Hotel, they're worth getting off the train/tram for.
    Absolutely, and with very good supporting acts from the Star and Totally Tapped, although I hear the 'crazy kiwi', who was a star at the latter, has moved on for now.

In Nottingham itself, I still love the Vat&Fiddle and the Newshouse, then there are a gaggle around Canning Circus, Hand and Heart being a favourite but I thought the Sir John Borlase Warren had lost something since moving on from project William to Lincoln Green, I didn't warm to Overdraught (much preferring Totally Tapped of same brewery) and missed the Falcon last time, in fact I can't recall ever going there but am told otherwise. Controversially, I can't enthuse about the Organ Grinder, or most Blue Monkey pubs, even though I like a few of their beers.

Maybe touristy but, if you haven't been, you should have a mooch around the Olde Trip, which carries good genuine guests these days, and if you want to see a narrowboat inside a pub, cross the entrance bridge into the Canalhouse, where you'll find another strong Castle Rock line-up.

I wouldn't bother with Barrel Drop or Room with Brew but, if you venture north on a bus, try Lincolnshire Poacher...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    ...and missed the Falcon last time, in fact I can't recall going there but am told otherwise...
    Since I started writing things down in a notebook, I no longer suffer from this disease. Let me rephrase that: I'm usually fairly sure that I've written everything down...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Controversially, I can't enthuse about the Organ Grinder, or most Blue Monkey pubs, even though I like a few of their beers...
    That pretty much sums up my impression of these Blue Monkey pubs. Perhaps I'm just annoyed at them using a chimpanzee on all their pump clips but calling the brewery Blue Monkey. Bound to get up the nose of any self-respecting pedant.
    Come On You Hatters!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Yes, mate.
    MILD:

This Space For Hire

Since I started writing things down in a notebook, I no longer suffer from this disease. Let me rephrase that: I'm usually fairly sure that I've written everything down...
    Indeed. But if you are like me, you then spend considerable time trying to decode and make sense of the random beer-stained scrawl!
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement