Having a trawl (dredge) through CAMRA's Discourse forum earlier I spotted a link to the Pubs Galore Micropubs in the UK, with the comment "this is the most reliable and easily accessible resource", which is a good thumbs up for PuG. It got me thinking as to how definitive is it as a list that is in some quarters as being the best out there. Our list is defined (as far as I understand it} on a single persons definition of what is or isn't a micropub, i.e the person that marks it thus on the main site pub page.
The example I have , and I'm sure there are others, is Overdraft in Southampton and Overdraft In Winchester, being sister pubs they are pretty much identical in what they look like and do. Neither are on our Micropub list, the Southampton one has been marked as no by Aqualung, presumably based on my comments that there are a couple of turntables, used at certain times of the week for music/DJ nights, I have marked the Winchester one as not a micropub for the same reasons, and Quinnos review hints of not being a true Micropub. However CAMRA's WhatPub Describe them as Micropubs and the Southampton venue is included on the Micropub and Microbrewery Association list of pubs,but strangely not its sister . So to cut a long story short ,a bit late now I know, If we have the definitive list on Micropubs are we doing it down with certain omitions based on slight technicality's, based on a particular members personal views or is it good that we are running a tight ship?