Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Bar One

2 8.33%
  • Brewers Fayre/Harvester

3 12.50%
  • Browns

5 20.83%
  • Cafe Rouge

12 50.00%
  • Las Iguanas

11 45.83%
  • Miller & Carter

5 20.83%
  • Slug & Lettuce

2 8.33%
  • Toby Carvery

3 12.50%
  • Turtle Bay

8 33.33%
  • Wine Bars (eg Veeno)

5 20.83%
  • All of these SHOULD be listed!

10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings?

Exclamation Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings?

Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings? (or should they all appear?). Vote for as many or few as you like.

This follows on from the following thread - http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...they-be-listed

I've tried to include all of the main chain restaurants with bar plus a few closer to the pub/eatery end, to see if there is a clear divide anywhere. Apologies if I have missed any out, or if there are Northern chains of which I have not heard! I've also added 'wine bar' as an option as that has also cropped up more than once.

This is purely to try and take a measurement of where feelings lie. The ultimate decision (or not!) is in Snow White's gift, of course.

The poll is open for 30 days.
    Last edited by Quinno; 06-02-2019 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings? (or should they all appear?). Vote for as many or few as you like.

This follows on from the following thread - http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...they-be-listed

I've tried to include all of the main chain restaurants with bar plus a few closer to the pub/eatery end, to see if there is a clear divide anywhere. Apologies if I have missed any out, or if there are Northern chains of which I have not heard! I've also added 'wine bar' as an option as that has also cropped up more than once.

This is purely to try and take a measurement of where feelings lie. The ultimate decision (or not!) is in Snow White's gift, of course.

The poll is open for 30 days.
    How does this poll work if you can only vote Against a group being listed. Or is it if I don't vote for a group, then that is a vote For a group being included. If this is so, then that group will get a false positive vote when a member has never visited one of their venues.
    Last edited by AlanH; 07-02-2019 at 13:13.

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Woops, I misread the poll. To clarify, I think none should be listed except Toby Carvery and Harvester etc.

Real Ale Drinker

I personally think that all should be included. If you know what rubbish like Turtle Bay are like, then avoid. Unless this site is run by the Camra SS, Keg Only Police, Craft Beer Gestapo or the Modern Bars Are Crap Brigade then there are going to be places on here people dislike. The Slug And Lettuce in Didsbury, for example, served real ale, keg, cocktail nonsense, food on my visit and was a modern type bar/pub. I don't see anything wrong with this Pubs Galore site as it is. But hey ho each to their own. Maybe this post should be in the Turtle Bay thread but this is where I've plonked it so sorry to the pedants.
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 07-02-2019 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I personally think that all should be included. If you know what rubbish like Turtle Bay are like, then avoid. Unless this site is run by the Camra SS, Keg Only Police, Craft Beer Gestapo or the Modern Bars Are Crap Brigade then there are going to be places on here people dislike. The Slug And Lettuce in Didsbury, for example, served real ale, keg, cocktail nonsense, food on my visit and was a modern type bar/pub. I don't see anything wrong with this Pubs Galore site as it is. But hey ho each to their own. Maybe this post should be in the Turtle Bay thread but this is where I've plonked it so sorry to the pedants.
    Well said - Plonk it wherever you like, you are spot on!

I am a salmon !!

It's difficult to argue against this post!
    Last edited by Aqualung; 09-02-2019 at 14:23.

This Space For Hire

Hear hear
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

^^^^^^^^
    What he said

I'm with you too, Al...