Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Pub Jukebox

Real Ale Drinker

Highly unlikely to find any of my bands on the jukie but should any Half Man Half Biscuit, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys, Boo Radleys, Mary Chain, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and similar be found they will certainly get a run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    Highly unlikely to find any of my bands on the jukie but should any Half Man Half Biscuit, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys, Boo Radleys, Mary Chain, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and similar be found they will certainly get a run out.
    That's my kind of jukebox...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

My ideal jukebox is eclectic and full of anything and everything. Though ideally avoiding more recent trends. Essential - a diverse range of pop music from the 50s through to the 90s, as well as old school British indie rock (Wedding Present, Half Man Half Biscuit, Housemartins, Smiths, etc). Not required but a huge plus - some obscure selections for special occasions such as old French chansons, authentic folk music, obscure 60s rock, George Formby.

My fantasy pub jukebox would be to take the one at Bar Fringe as per OB then add the jukeboxes at

The Angel and Corbieres

You'd get everything from Captain Beefheart to Marty Robbins. Possibly not the French Chansons though.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Most jukeboxes use the internet now and any song you can think of tends to be available. The problem is thinking of it....
    So true, but on a quiet Sunday evening the barman in Puzzles clocked us as having worked in finance and extracted this from spotify;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RaUMVRw2dM

after which we requested;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

and a very good night was had by all.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

They play albums in my local the Express Brentford and my request for Bob Marley seems to get approval in the beer garden. Universally liked I think whether young or old.

Some great tracks and artist already mentioned here but for me anything by The Smiths and I am away (as some of you will know!)

After that a wide range of Indie, Punk, Rock will be fine ….

Cure, Cult, Mission, Wonder Stuff, Joy Division, Pistols, Cramps, REM, Depeche Mode, Sabbath, … I could go on all night

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Some people who went on the Manchester trip may remember the juke box in Bar Fringe, which I believe includes Dark Side of the Moon. Being a nerd and the age I am obviously any prog' rock will do.
    That'll be this one then.
    OB jukebox.jpg
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    That'll be this one then.
    OB jukebox.jpg
    Just looking for some Pink Floyd or King Crimson.

I don't know where to start with this one. I grew up With The Beatles and followed their journey from their own more basic songs plus Tamla and early rock covers to their psychedelic pinnacle. I went to see lots of bands live between 1969 and 1973 including Pink Floyd several times, the Who, Yes, Free, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, Fairport Convention, the Nice and Led Zeppelin once in 1969. While I was still at school I saw Cream and also the Jeff Beck Band with their new young singer Rod Stewart at the Starlight Ballroom in Greenford. Again, while I was still at school I saw the Byrds, The Move and the Bonzo Dog Band at the Royal Albert Hall. I went to the Blind Faith free concert at Hyde Park but didn't bother with the Stones as it was rammed. The late 60s Parliament Hill concert featuring Jefferson Airplane and Fairport on a cold June night was magnificent. Contrary to popular opinion I never saw Tull live!

So what do I like now? Loads of stuff apart from rap and anything my parents liked and that is usually classed as Easy Listening. I could go on for ever with this but am calling it a day for now.