Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Strange reversion to old data?

This Space For Hire

Default Strange reversion to old data?

While referring to the Real Ale Pubs app I noticed some were showing up as non-real even though I knew they were. On checking the main site, I found a strange anomaly, where a Real Ale positive had reverted to a long out of date negative. Pubs I have found so far are O'Neill's Woking, Miller & Carter Ottershaw and White Hart Chobham. Despite all the other facility details remaining up to date, the Real Ale entry had gone back to one from around 2010/2011, although I know that I or others have updated them much more recently.

Has someone been trying to do something that has inadvertently reloaded old data? And how many other pubs may have been affected??
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    While referring to the Real Ale Pubs app I noticed some were showing up as non-real even though I knew they were. On checking the main site, I found a strange anomaly, where a Real Ale positive had reverted to a long out of date negative. Pubs I have found so far are O'Neill's Woking, Miller & Carter Ottershaw and White Hart Chobham. Despite all the other facility details remaining up to date, the Real Ale entry had gone back to one from around 2010/2011, although I know that I or others have updated them much more recently.

Has someone been trying to do something that has inadvertently reloaded old data? And how many other pubs may have been affected??
    No idea, but I was convinced a couple of years ago that a whole bunch of map point corrections had suddenly reverted in a similar way.

This Space For Hire

Further to my original post, I now fear that a number of my entries from July/August 2017 have disappeared, mainly related to the East Devon area. Some that I know I did reviews for are missing, while some photos are not there either. I have just experimentally re-entered a photo and map correction for the Farmhouse in Exmouth, which seem to have worked ok, but there are a number of others.
    Is there any sort of back-up or record that would confirm I have not gone totally insane? I fear that missing reviews have gone forever but I still have a number of photos but would prefer not to submit them under today's date. Is there any way of back-dating them?
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    entries from July/August 2017 have disappeared
    That is a little concerning as I did a server move around August 2017. Now worried that something went wrong with transferring data, will look into it.

This Space For Hire

There do not seem to have been very many. I wonder if there might have just been a couple uploaded at exactly the same time you did the server move.