This exercise is much harder (for me anyway) than it first seemed. Anyway, below is my list.

Dacre Arms, Lee
Hope, Carshalton
Ye Old Mitre, Holborn
Salisbury, Harringay
Harp, Charing Cross
Trafalgar, South Wimbledon
Orange Tree, Winchmore Hill
Square & Compass, Worth Matravers
Red Lion, Snargate
Star Inn, Bath

I may have missed pubs that should make my top 10 as I'm just going by my now somewhat erratic memory. But these are all good ones. My list is inevitably London-centric, but I have heard that there are several really good pubs outside London so I thought it fair to include a trio of ones that I have visited.

I would just like to pick up a point made earlier in this thread - in that I think it's perfectly reasonable to submit a review and rating after a single visit. Of course a single visit is just a snapshot, but if enough people post reviews following snapshot visits then anyone looking to visit the pub will have a very good idea what to expect. A case in point is the Red Lion at Snargate. I had no reason to visit Snargate other than to visit the Red Lion, have only paid a single visit to the pub and suspect that this is the case for the majority of us who have visited. But when anyone who hasn't visited looks at the reviews and ratings of so many "regulars' then they can be pretty sure that it's a damned good pub.