Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Spurious e-mails

This Space For Hire

Default Spurious e-mails

Just got the following

On Pubs Galore since 20:55, 27th November:
    A review has been submitted for King William IV in Wallingford, Oxfordshire by Quinno _.
    A review has been edited for The Dew Drop Inn in Maidenhead, Berkshire by Quinno _.
    A review has been submitted for Hurley House Hotel in Maidenhead, Berkshire by Quinno _.
    Thankyou for your contributions to Pubs Galore,
    Galore Network Admin team

but clicking on the links I find reviews from Q dated in June or July. But if I look in the updates the date is today... Shome mishtake shurely.

PS

Reminds me of when Bite emailed you spuriously about "new" reviews months old, though it doesn't even do that now.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 27-11-2018 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Just got the following

A review has been submitted for King William IV in Wallingford, Oxfordshire by Quinno _.
    A review has been edited for The Dew Drop Inn in Maidenhead, Berkshire by Quinno _.
    A review has been submitted for Hurley House Hotel in Maidenhead, Berkshire by Quinno _.

but clicking on the links I find reviews from Q dated in June or July. But if I look in the updates the date is today... Shome mishtake shurely.

PS

Reminds me of when Bite emailed you spuriously about "new" reviews months old, though it doesn't even do that now.

I think this is a result of using the thingy that allows you to post date reviews. I've never used it and never will as if I can't get a review in after a few weeks then it's not worth adding.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Just got the following

PS

I have exactly the same scenario,same time and date, but with The Horns In Reading.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I have exactly the same scenario,same time and date, but with The Horns In Reading.
    There is a problem but it's not a spurious email. If you look at the Previous Day (27th Nov) activity there is review for the Horns which you can click on and see.
    If you go through the Berkshire / Reading / Central Reading route to the Horns the review isn't there.

Edit: I notice that this is an edited review with the post dating thingy applied.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 28-11-2018 at 09:25.

This is actually fairly simple.

There was a 'mass migrate' tool which Snow White devised years ago to allow those of us coming over from BITE to transfer our reviews (with suitable edits) onto PuG with the correct date stamp. This is available to anyone who comes over.

A couple of us twigged that this was ideal for when we have aged unposted reviews; to allow us get these put on PUG the day we do them, but shown on the site in the correct chronological timeslot. Simply ask for a load of blanks to be set, and we can use them.

I'm really behind with reviews for various life reasons, so am using this tool to post what I would (should) have done 6 months ago. I have copious notes from my visits, but simply haven't had the time to curate them.

So expect some more from me over the next few weeks. Hopefully they are worth reading; it is stiil a new review, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    This is actually fairly simple.

There was a 'mass migrate' tool which Snow White devised years ago to allow those of us coming over from BITE to transfer our reviews (with suitable edits) onto PuG with the correct date stamp. This is available to anyone who comes over.

A couple of us twigged that this was ideal for when we have aged unposted reviews; to allow us get these put on PUG the day we do them, but shown on the site in the correct chronological timeslot. Simply ask for a load of blanks to be set, and we can use them.

I'm really behind with reviews for various life reasons, so am using this tool to post what I would (should) have done 6 months ago. I have copious notes from my visits, but simply haven't had the time to curate them.

So expect some more from me over the next few weeks. Hopefully they are worth reading; it is stiil a new review, after all.
    That is how I understood the situation but is the glitch caused by the fact that you used the tool to edit a review from several years back?