Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello - Again

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Default Hello - Again

I was looking to see if there was a place for new members to introduce themselves but couldn't find one, so started this on Chit Chat. Of course I'm not a brand new member, but as I haven't really been around on PuG for more than three years I though I should say hello.

It's pleasing to see that my profile and stats still seem to be there, and even more pleasing to see so many of you still contributing to the lively forums. Mobyduck, Delboy, ROBCamra, Trainman, RPAdam, OldBoots, A&H, Hondo and Quinno to name just a few (without wanting to upset anyone not mentioned). A special mention should go to Bucking Fastard, who was perhaps the catalyst for my coming out of hibernation after a chance meeting in a pub recently.

I'm not sure why I've been away so long, I didn't fall out of love with PuG, and certainly not with beer. I just sort of drifted away. My personal circumstances have changed recently, having taken a redundancy package in August this year. So, until either the money or my health runs out, I'll have a bit more time in the pursuit of ebriety. This does of course mean returning to that mindset when entering a new pub and going through the checklist. Look for a dart board/pool table, is there WiFi, how many handpumps, CAMRA discount, kids or dogs about, could I get in with a wheelchair etc., and would it be safe to take a photo.

And one final thing, I've missed using these emojis

Cheers
    Clive
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    I was looking to see if there was a place for new members to introduce themselves but couldn't find one, so started this on Chit Chat. Of course I'm not a brand new member, but as I haven't really been around on PuG for more than three years I though I should say hello.

It's pleasing to see that my profile and stats still seem to be there, and even more pleasing to see so many of you still contributing to the lively forums. Mobyduck, Delboy, ROBCamra, Trainman, RPAdam, OldBoots, A&H, Hondo and Quinno to name just a few (without wanting to upset anyone not mentioned). A special mention should go to Bucking Fastard, who was perhaps the catalyst for my coming out of hibernation after a chance meeting in a pub recently.

I'm not sure why I've been away so long, I didn't fall out of love with PuG, and certainly not with beer. I just sort of drifted away. My personal circumstances have changed recently, having taken a redundancy package in August this year. So, until either the money or my health runs out, I'll have a bit more time in the pursuit of ebriety. This does of course mean returning to that mindset when entering a new pub and going through the checklist. Look for a dart board/pool table, is there WiFi, how many handpumps, CAMRA discount, kids or dogs about, could I get in with a wheelchair etc., and would it be safe to take a photo.

And one final thing, I've missed using these emojis

Cheers
    Clive
    Good to see you back Clive.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Good to see you back Clive.
    Seconded. Welcome back. Saw a review you did a few days ago and wondered if you'd end up on the boards again.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post

(without wanting to upset anyone not mentioned).

Clive
    Not upset! Welcome back...
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Not upset! Welcome back...
    Ditto !
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Ditto !
    ditto that ditto
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    ditto that ditto
    ditto that ditto that ditto.

I've a vague recollection of someone going on a London Midland pub tour with a go anywhere ticket and having to run the gauntlet of late or cancelled trains. Was that you or someone else? It's a different company now and some of the train liveries are slightly different but that's about it!

Welcome back to the light …..

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    ditto that ditto that ditto.
    Ditto that dittoed ditto!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Good to hear from you Clive! I doubt those types of emojis or sentiments have been entirely lacking in your writings, wherever they may have been - I recall an excellent travel blog some time back.
    I hope all's well your end and the redundancy manages to finance some fine adventures...