Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Where would you like to go on the Southern Crawl,Spring 2019 ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bath

7 36.84%
  • Cambridge

7 36.84%
  • Canterbury

4 21.05%
  • Cardiff

9 47.37%
  • Chelmsford

8 42.11%
  • Chichester

3 15.79%
  • Lewes

2 10.53%
  • London

3 15.79%
  • Portsmouth

10 52.63%
  • Salisbury

5 26.32%
  • Southampton

3 15.79%
  • Tunbridge Wells

4 21.05%
  • Winchester

9 47.37%
  • Worthing

4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I actually voted for both of the two current front runners alone but in a years time might have changed my mind completely. For instance, I might have my own day out in Portsmouth during next Autumn and decide it's a load of rubbish. I'd rather see all the venues apart from the winner go in again. That would reduce arguments about Geography or whatever minimal.
    Yes that's a fair point, I didn't vote for Southampton despite there being some really good pubs there, I just think they're too spread out, in a years time there night be two or three new venues plugging the gaps.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Yes that's a fair point, I didn't vote for Southampton despite there being some really good pubs there, I just think they're too spread out, in a years time there night be two or three new venues plugging the gaps.
    And the opening of new micropubs in any town could transform a venue into a possibility but there is the worry of turning up mob handed to a smaller micropub.
    This time I actually preferred Southampton to Portsmouth for the micropubs but as you say the centre isn't that great. In recent years I don't think I've been anywhere in Southampton other than the JDWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Including whether It's North, South or Midlands . Sensible Idea, though might take a little fun out of the proceedings.
    Yes, we don't want sensible ideas when we're trying to generate a little fun.

I'd rather see all the venues apart from the winner go in again. That would reduce arguments about Geography.
    How could we decide a pub crawl venue without arguments about geography?

#geographygalore
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

I'm not sure what you are suggesting here, is it using the same poll minus the winner? That would seem reasonable but it does potentially leave one slot if someone can come up with somewhere.
    Most of the discussion was centred around the location of the place beginning with "P" which was starting to drive me up the poll.

I feel sorry for Lewes which is doing about as well as the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest.
    Perhaps next year they'll burn a Pubs Galore effigy on Bonfire Night!

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Perhaps next year they'll burn a Pubs Galore effigy on Bonfire Night!
    Way back in the 1980s I actually went to the Lewes bonfire night. It was manic and hopeless, you couldn't get near the Cliffe which is the main event but the processions of flaming torches along with the effigies of Thatcher, Reagan, Kinnock and of course the Pope were fun. I wouldn't go again but the town doesn't deserve to end up with Nil Points (in a European accent).

Spritzer Swallower Cider Drinker's Avatar

Loving the suggestions, we are only ruling out Lewes, Worthing and London as we have been to Brighton and London recently. We would be up for those in a future PGC. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cider Drinker View Post
    Loving the suggestions, we are only ruling out Lewes, Worthing and London as we have been to Brighton and London recently. We would be up for those in a future PGC. Xx
    You could use a similar argument to rule out Bath which is very close to Bristol. My argument against it would be that it's a horrible expensive tourist trap.
    I don't think I need to say anything about London!

the town doesn't deserve to end up with Nil Points (in a European accent).
    Agree... Come on someone who hasn't already voted, please give Lewes a sympathy vote or it will forever become the town that got Nil Points (in a European accent) in a PuG vote..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Agree... Come on someone who hasn't already voted, please give Lewes a sympathy vote or it will forever become the town that got Nil Points (in a European accent) in a PuG vote..
    Done the decent by Lewes! I like the town,but don't think I've had a drink there since 1979. Done more in the outlying villages.
    Last edited by Wittenden; 12-11-2018 at 19:50.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Cider Drinker View Post
    Loving the suggestions, we are only ruling out Lewes [and] Worthing ... as we have been to Brighton ... recently. We would be up for those in a future PGC. Xx
    You could use a similar argument to rule out Bath which is very close to Bristol.
    Surely the point was that we did Brighton in Spring 2018, thus potentially ruling out Lewes and Worthing as being too repetitive because too soon, whereas Bristol was in 2014, if memory serves, so that Bath would only be slightly repetitive because not so soon.
    Come On You Hatters!