Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Where would you like to go on the Southern Crawl,Spring 2019 ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bath

7 36.84%
  • Cambridge

7 36.84%
  • Canterbury

4 21.05%
  • Cardiff

9 47.37%
  • Chelmsford

8 42.11%
  • Chichester

3 15.79%
  • Lewes

2 10.53%
  • London

3 15.79%
  • Portsmouth

10 52.63%
  • Salisbury

5 26.32%
  • Southampton

3 15.79%
  • Tunbridge Wells

4 21.05%
  • Winchester

9 47.37%
  • Worthing

4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019

There seems to be something going wrong with the "reply with quote" facility on this forum. (I tried untangling the quotes, but exactly the same fault kept on happening when I quoted them.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    King Street Tavern Near the Hole in the Wall,but does the Wadworth tie count against it ?
    Apsley House Near the Wave Maiden.
    Porters Near Phoenix and mentioned by Gann.
    Lawrence Near Northcote and mentioned by Gann.
    Personally I don't think the King St Tavern is worth the detour. The Apsley House has a bit of a pedestrian beer range. Porters is on the hipster side but could be a try also. The Lawrence is fine and I shouldn't have missed it out.

oops deleted the quote header! Sorry BF![/QUOTE]

Lawrence is good, Porters seemed a little plastic to me(I know what I mean), don't know the other two.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quite honestly I'm happy with the original list and I will have my "lite" version of it anyway. Some of the pubs raised would make good optional ones for those who want to bag a trolley load of pubs, I'm surprised no "outliers" have cropped up yet.

This Space For Hire

I don't really like travelling so a three hour trip from home to Portsmouth is probably going to rule me out.But lets see the ticket prices first.When will the cheap tickets go on sale and whats the best site to find them.
    My daughter went to uni in Portsmouth circa 2002 and I visited some pretty basic pubs.Seem to remember a lot of Courage beer .Were they still brewing in 2002.
    cheers john

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    But lets see the ticket prices first. When will the cheap tickets go on sale and whats the best site to find them.
    Advance specified train tickets are £8 each way (from Waterloo) and go on sale 12 weeks before. Book direct through any train operators' site to avoid paying commission - SWR being the local one. From Brentford it is £10 each way with a journey time just over 2 hrs.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Advance specified train tickets are £8 each way (from Waterloo) and go on sale 12 weeks before. Book direct through any train operators' site to avoid paying commission - SWR being the local one. From Brentford it is £10 each way with a journey time just over 2 hrs.
    That's not a bad price . Thought it would be double that.If I can get them at that price its a possible for me. thanks john

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    That's not a bad price . Thought it would be double that.If I can get them at that price its a possible for me. thanks john
    I've just had a look at the South Western web site and tickets are now available for Friday 22nd March so the 29th should be available next week. The 09:00 train has advance tickets for £5.95 with a railcard. You can get a senile railcard if you are over 60 and it's £30.00 for a year or £70.00 (I think) for three years. You can only order the 3 year one online and need a passport or driving licence.

As we haven't been to Portsmouth for a very long time and more importantly for the good lady, something called the Gunwharf Quays outlet center was still under development when we were last there, we have decided to make a weekend of it and have the Holiday Inn in Southsea booked for a couple of nights.
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Be rude not to join you all for a southern crawl so just booked the day off work.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Just a reminder that the Advance fares Waterloo - Portsmouth are now available £9 (or £5.95 with a railcard) each way.