Ads not shown when logged in

View Poll Results: Where would you like to go on the Southern Crawl,Spring 2019 ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bath

7 36.84%
  • Cambridge

7 36.84%
  • Canterbury

4 21.05%
  • Cardiff

9 47.37%
  • Chelmsford

8 42.11%
  • Chichester

3 15.79%
  • Lewes

2 10.53%
  • London

3 15.79%
  • Portsmouth

10 52.63%
  • Salisbury

5 26.32%
  • Southampton

3 15.79%
  • Tunbridge Wells

4 21.05%
  • Winchester

9 47.37%
  • Worthing

4 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Default Portsmouth PuG Crawl March 29th 2019

Please vote for whichever venues that you would like to visit on the next PuG crawl.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Hopefully the dates will be an easier matter. Easter is late (19th-22nd April) and if it's after that you're getting tied in with the May Bank Holidays.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Please vote for whichever venues that you would like to visit on the next PuG crawl.
    How is the voting determined/weighted? One contributor has voted only twice, another 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    How is the voting determined/weighted? One contributor has voted only twice, another 10 times.
    You can vote for as many options that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    You can vote for as many venues as you like. There is no way to indicate preferences which I imagine would be a tricky programming endeavour and could only be fair if you were made to vote for all the venues..

OK, the vote from the N21 jury is in...

Can I suggest that if there is a clear top 2 (or if we are really fortunate a top 3) , that we use this pole for the next time a visit to a Southern venue comes round, so that we can short cut the selection process....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Can I suggest that if there is a clear top 2 (or if we are really fortunate a top 3) , that we use this pole for the next time a visit to a Southern venue comes round, so that we can short cut the selection process....
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting here, is it using the same poll minus the winner? That would seem reasonable but it does potentially leave one slot if someone can come up with somewhere.
    Most of the discussion was centred around the location of the place beginning with "P" which was starting to drive me up the poll.

I feel sorry for Lewes which is doing about as well as the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting here.
    I was actually suggesting something quite radical in that if Town A is a clear winner and Town B is a clear second place then we do Town A in March19 and Town B when it is the South's turn again without going to a re-vote at that time.
    But I fully appreciate that will not be liked by those who enjoy the cut and thrust and discussion each time..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I was actually suggesting something quite radical in that if Town A is a clear winner and Town B is a clear second place then we do Town A in March19 and Town B when it is the South's turn again without going to a re-vote at that time.
    But I fully appreciate that will not be liked by those who enjoy the cut and thrust and discussion each time..
    Including whether It's North, South or Midlands . Sensible Idea, though might take a little fun out of the proceedings.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I actually voted for both of the two current front runners alone but in a years time might have changed my mind completely. For instance, I might have my own day out in Portsmouth during next Autumn and decide it's a load of rubbish. I'd rather see all the venues apart from the winner go in again. That would reduce arguments about Geography or whatever minimal.