Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs Galore crawls 2019

This Space For Hire

No intention of attending but Salisbury does have some nice pubs. Can't comment on beer quality. Actually if Salisbury i may attend to finish the rest of the pubs I still need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    What about a poll on which four to eliminate before we have a poll on which one of the remaining 10 we should go for? Salisbury would seem to be a shoo in for elimination.
    As we seem to be having the usual troubles we could run three polls, seven in each of two groups then the top five in each group go through to the Grand Final.

We could of course add another six venues and have two groups of ten then a final ten. I believe this kind of thing happens in sporting competitions quite often.

Oh dear, we'll have to go through this again for the date wont we?

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    As we seem to be having the usual troubles we could run three polls, seven in each of two groups then the top five in each group go through to the Grand Final.
    Could I suggest the top ten in terms of votes go through to the Grand Final to avoid the situation where most of the really popular venues all appear say in the first group of 7 ,eliminating a candidate that would have made it through if it had been placed in the second group of 7....if you get my drift.

Alternitavely why not run two polls and whichever venue polls the highest is the chosen one....no need for a Grand Final.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 27-10-2018 at 10:16.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    ... if Salisbury i may attend to finish the rest of the pubs I still need to do.
    I often go "off piste" on these crawls, but I've never determined to go off piste when the venue has still not been decided, never mind the pubs. I salute you, sir!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I believe this kind of thing happens in sporting competitions quite often.?
    Should we be angling for bribes from the 14 towns?
    Come On You Hatters!

It is now possible to create a poll with 14 options if that would help

I think the general trend of the discussion has ignored what I wrote in the original post:

I think there was a general consensus that it was about time the North got a summer crawl, so we need to decide whether it's the South in spring (we did Brighton in March 2018) or the Midlands.

And also what constitutes the South and what the Midlands.

Just to get things started, have we ever considered Peterborough?
    All the suggestions so far have been for towns in the south - my suggestion of Peterborough is in danger of being kicked into the long grass because it is perceived as being in the midlands. Just because we did Brighton in March this year, doesn't mean it has to be the south in spring next year - it could be the midlands. Or we could go for Peterborough without settling the argument as to whether it is south or midlands - just go for it! (My main reason for the suggestion was that it is relatively easy of access from many parts of the country.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Spoilsport!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    I think so.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I think the general trend of the discussion has ignored what I wrote in the original post:

All the suggestions so far have been for towns in the south - my suggestion of Peterborough is in danger of being kicked into the long grass because it is perceived as being in the midlands. Just because we did Brighton in March this year, doesn't mean it has to be the south in spring next year - it could be the midlands. Or we could go for Peterborough without settling the argument as to whether it is south or midlands - just go for it! (My main reason for the suggestion was that it is relatively easy of access from many parts of the country.)
    If we did Peterborough it would still be the Midlands, It just means we would have a poll for 13 the next time for places in the South.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields