Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Cashless card only pubs

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Craft Beer Cabin.

However there are two mitigating factors.
    Firstly talking to the owners this micro opened in August and at the first Palace match they had great takings. There was then a break in to this shop conversion and all the cash was nicked,so they decided relunctantly to go cashless (they inform you of this before pouring any beer).
    Secondly on busy match days,contactless payments are so much quicker than mucking about with cash which allows swifter service behind the bar.
    There is another big advantage to going cashless that I have just been exposed to through my company as we took the decision recently to go cashless in our company canteen due to this reason....

Others may already be aware but boy does it reduce your company insurance costs when you have no cash on the premises !!
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I have just entered Cork & Cage on Pershore Road, Stirchley Birmingham as a new bar, and it is cashless. Paid by card, asked for a receipt and was told no receipt unless I can send it to you by e-mail. No cask beers but 10 craft beers.

Decided to go to page 1 and read all the posts, very interesting. Someone told me cashless is because they don't have to carry a lot of takings to a bank nightly. Can understand this in places where local banks are closing I suppose.

I am not getting a receipt by e-mail - don't want to go down that route and was lucky as my half only cost £2.50 .. .. only did I really say that .. .. One beer in that bar was £4.80 for a third of 4.8% It was a Belgian Gueuze type though.
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 10-04-2019 at 15:06.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post
    I have just entered Cork & Cage on Pershore Road, Stirchley Birmingham as a new bar, and it is cashless. Paid by card, asked for a receipt and was told no receipt unless I can send it to you by e-mail. No cask beers but 10 craft beers.

Decided to go to page 1 and read all the posts, very interesting. Someone told me cashless is because they don't have to carry a lot of takings to a bank nightly. Can understand this in places where local banks are closing I suppose.

I am not getting a receipt by e-mail - don't want to go down that route and was lucky as my half only cost £2.50 .. .. only did I really say that .. .. One beer in that bar was £4.80 for a third of 4.8% It was a Belgian Gueuze type though.
    Maybe you should change your user name to gillthirdofapint.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by gillhalfpint View Post

No hard receipt ! Is that actually legal?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Yeah loads of places don't now issue card receipts and I always say if you can save paper don't bother wasting it. I don't have contactless cards so am always aware of the fee I'm being charged but contactless may need to be more aware to confirm amount matches cost you've been told.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Why wouldn't it be?

Think of London buses and tubes. Imagine the flap if people could demand a receipt when they enter/leave the system.

"and the retailer must give you one if you ask"
    http://www.theukcardsassociation.org...tless_card.asp
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Just Missed the Round

Another one for the list...

The Knott has a sign up saying it will be card only from 1st May 2019 due to the increasing bank charges associated with handling cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Why wouldn't it be?

Think of London buses and tubes. Imagine the flap if people could demand a receipt when they enter/leave the system.
    True in that situation, I presumed if you ask for a receipt you are entitled to one, personally I don't ask.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    From Hondo's UK Cards Association link:

"For contactless payments for £30 and under, a receipt will not automatically be printed for you. However, you can always ask for a receipt, and the retailer must give you one if you ask. For contactless payments over £30, the retailer must always print a receipt for you.

If you are paying at an unattended terminal, like at a vending machine, the process is slightly different. To make a payment, simply select the goods you wish to purchase and when the amount is shown touch your contactless card or device against the terminal. You will not be provided with a receipt but you can see this transaction on your card statement."