Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Not all pints are equal...(a.k.a The BEAUTIFUL pint).

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default Not all pints are equal...(a.k.a The BEAUTIFUL pint).

OK, it's a given that we all like a beer, but sometimes it will taste like nectar, truly heaven sent. At certain times that pint glass is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. I guess for many of us it's after some sort of physical activity, or the first one at the end of a hectic working week. Maybe your team's just won at home?

For me, nothing beats that first pint after a day's walking in The Dales. Two large gulps to clear the back of my throat, a brief pause to wipe salt encrusted lips, then the hops start to kick in, three or four more mouthfuls and it's gone . Marvellous.

Over to you.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I always look forward to my first pint on matchday. I think it is because I have the whole day ahead of me and a game to look forward to. Time on my hands and a choice of pubs to go to, meet a few mates - heaven !!!
    The first pint after a day at work was always a pleasure too. One that I miss now as I am out of work at the moment. I prefer to say "between positions" though !!

Cheers,

Del.

I can see some of us waxing lyrical on this thread. I will have a think about it because I enjoy a beer in so many situations. A drink for all occasions .....I can hear somebody shouting Pi**head in the back row.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    I can see some of us waxing lyrical on this thread. I will have a think about it because I enjoy a beer in so many situations. A drink for all occasions .....I can hear somebody shouting Pi**head in the back row.
    The one with your breakfast?

Mine would have too be my First Pint after I have just done Eight days of Long early turns as it means Ive just gone Nine days on duty without A Pint or any Alcohol.
    I can tell you The first one don't even touch the sides.
    Last edited by Alesonly; 22-06-2010 at 19:23.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

For me, the first one after a day brewing. Up between 6 and 7, work (carrying malt/digging out tun/cleaning copper/shunting firkins...) til 8, sometimes 9. Straight to the brewery tap, first one is always the light and hoppy 3.7% which doesn't touch the sides, followed by a pint of whatever you've been brewing. Reminds you instantly why you do it.
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Recently this question's taken on a new flavour for me. Very often it's the second pint that hits the spot, largely for the sheer pleasure of being able to afford a second at all.
    That said, just at the moment, the second pint is taking on a whole new meaning. Me local JDW has Wildcat on and I seem to be the only one drinking it, which means the first is fair but often no better. The second one is a drink for gods, heroes and dark ale fanatics like me.
    Truly, a beautiful pint..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........