Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cask Report 2018-19

This Space For Hire

Beer too warm? Doombar are selling Dombar extra chilled.It comes from the same cask as the warm stuff but I presume they will fit another handpump. They are trying it out in a few pubs first.
    Also Cloudwater have decided to start re -selling cask beer but will only sell it to pubs who they think will handle it correctly.Great brewery but mega expensive for keg.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Also Cloudwater have decided to start re -selling cask beer but will only sell it to pubs who they think will handle it correctly.Great brewery but mega expensive for keg.
    That's interesting as I seem to remember Cloudwater were very vocal when abandoning cask,mainly due to poor economics IIRC.Glad that they have returned to the fold,it would be good to find out where they deem the cellar skills sufficiently high to be trusted with their casks.
    Last edited by Bucking Fastard; 03-10-2018 at 11:51.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    That's interesting as I seem to remember Cloudwater were very vocal when abandoning cask,mainly due to poor economics IIRC.Glad that they have returned to the fold,it would be good to find out where they deem the cellar skills sufficiently high to be trusted with their casks.
    Excellent news, and confirmed on their blog here:

https://cloudwaterbrew.co/blog/2018/...2-cask-is-back

Could this be related to the earlier news that the Head Brewer (and Co-Founder) has left Cloudwater for pastures new?

The Cloudwater tap room has recently relocated and has extended opening hours compared to before. So I would say even if they don't trust many pubs with their cask beer there would certainly be an outlet for it at their tap room, whereas previously their restricted opening times may have rendered this unviable.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Excellent news, and confirmed on their blog here:

https://cloudwaterbrew.co/blog/2018/...2-cask-is-back

Could this be related to the earlier news that the Head Brewer (and Co-Founder) has left Cloudwater for pastures new?

The Cloudwater tap room has recently relocated and has extended opening hours compared to before. So I would say even if they don't trust many pubs with their cask beer there would certainly be an outlet for it at their tap room, whereas previously their restricted opening times may have rendered this unviable.
    Sounds good, though I've never even seen any of their beers.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Sounds good, though I've never even seen any of their beers.
    I have seen it in a handful of bars around Manchester, and cans available in bottle shops and the like. But I would not say it is widespread really.

Craft keg is often dispensed from a line of rather anonymous taps on the back wall of a bar, with a chalk board to guide you. Perhaps the presence of cask (in the right places) will make them more noticeable as the hand pulls are normally right in front of you on top of the bar with a massive pump clip attached.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I have seen it in a handful of bars around Manchester, and cans available in bottle shops and the like. But I would not say it is widespread really.

Craft keg is often dispensed from a line of rather anonymous taps on the back wall of a bar, with a chalk board to guide you. Perhaps the presence of cask (in the right places) will make them more noticeable as the hand pulls are normally right in front of you on top of the bar with a massive pump clip attached.
    Probably hasn't reached Kent, and I don't go into keg haunts (usually).
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Beer too warm? Doombar are selling Dombar extra chilled.It comes from the same cask as the warm stuff but I presume they will fit another handpump. They are trying it out in a few pubs first.
    Chilled Doom Bar? Out of the frying pan, into the fire (or perhaps fridge).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Chilled Doom Bar? Out of the frying pan, into the fire (or perhaps fridge).
    Could be OK. It might take the (lack of) taste away

This Space For Hire

London is flooded with Cloudwater beers .I think everything they brew is more or less pre-sold to regular buyers of their beer.The prices are eye watering rather than cloudwatering

Just Missed the Round

London is flooded with Cloudwater beers .I think everything they brew is more or less pre-sold to regular buyers of their beer.The prices are eye watering rather than cloudwatering
    They definitely have some presence in London, and they were planning on opening a Tap Room there (which may be open by now, don't know).