Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
I disagree; a picture of a van obscuring a pub, a shadowy building or a dirty bus window are always going to be crap in anybody's view unless they are seriously "challenged" in some way.
Well yes, there is that. And I think most of us would agree that those kind of extremes belong in the "what were you thinking?" pile.

I have to say that I have been guilty of not being sure what is allowed, so if there was something I considered to be borderline I may submit it anyway and let someone else be the judge as to whether it gets approved or not. I certainly don't take offence if it doesn't get put through. If there was a list of guidelines then it would take some of the ambiguity away. But then we are making the assumption that people will pay any attention.

I think it depends on the person approving too. In one pub I had a picture of the fireplace with a couple of drinks on the table in front of it that got approved, yet the same style picture for another pub didn't.

I'd have thought there would have been more response to this topic as it is something that crops up frequently on the forum. Though there may well be many people who contribute to the main page who don't look here.