Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin day off auto approve mode turned on?

This Space For Hire

Default Admin day off auto approve mode turned on?

Not wishing to further upset Perry further regarding pictures being approved but WTF has gone on here with an instant new user managing an average of 23.6 pictures per pub mostly of complete crap?

https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=Inapub

Perry submit your proper pictures again if a glitch is causing your pictures issues or just rename yourself as Matthew Jones.

This is a good one. https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/6052/
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 13-09-2018 at 22:47.

Last edited by hondo; 14-09-2018 at 08:13.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire

He could have at least written a review while he was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Not wishing to further upset Perry further regarding pictures being approved but WTF has gone on here with an instant new user managing an average of 23.6 pictures per pub mostly of complete crap?
    Perry submit your proper pictures again if a glitch is causing your pictures issues or just rename yourself as Matthew Jones.
    Wasnae me but we don't normally object to pictures of food, handpumps or decor although maybe we should? I do worry about the amount of server space taken up by crap pictures of all sorts but that's a matter for Dave and I usually refer the real crap to him to have the choice.

I don't think Matthew Jones and Perry/Graham Mason are one and the same person and he has resubmitted a few.

I just wonder how many different images of a hamburger photgraphed from different angles we need on here. My view would be none, but maybe someone wants to see what a particular pub's burger looks like. I was going to suggest at least disabling the interior shots from showing on the front page - which at least one of the dwarves does for my photos, of which I approve - but I see that that wouldn't leave any to show on the front page. But that wouldn't bother me!

This Space For Hire

Surely the ye olde photo's are the equivalent of adding a Google Streetview picture and copyright breach or whatever the reference to removing those images is. 18 pictures of food really needed as not any use to someone wanting a pint? I know what food looks like and it's not Instagram/Facebook so why do I need to see it here.

I'll go with oddities within a pub of interest as a 50/50 to be on show, pumps if lots viewable. Interesting garden features or a spectacular view that's not the end of the world either if suppressed.

I may pop down the road and see if I can take 236 pictures in my local. Seems we have a new competition/challenge.....

Sorry if we fill your server space up but we have a new game.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Surely the ye olde photo's are the equivalent of adding a Google Streetview picture and copyright breach or whatever the reference to removing those images is. 18 pictures of food really needed as not any use to someone wanting a pint? I know what food looks like and it's not Instagram/Facebook so why do I need to see it here.

I'll go with oddities within a pub of interest as a 50/50 to be on show, pumps if lots viewable. Interesting garden features or a spectacular view that's not the end of the world either if suppressed.

I may pop down the road and see if I can take 236 pictures in my local. Seems we have a new competition/challenge.....

Sorry if we fill your server space up but we have a new game.
    And how many drinks/types, foodstuffs does he or friends order? Or are these compilations taken from multiple visits?
    https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/54744/

A picture of a burger on the front page doesn't look good, imho.

I wonder if these are publicity photos of some sort?
    Last edited by Tris39; 14-09-2018 at 18:52.

Gormless as these pictures may be I have just had the misfortune to look through 30 odd photos waiting approval, sadly only about a 1/4 were in any way good photos another 1/4 were almost half way decent and the rest were absolute shite (see attached, it's a picture of a fecking van for christ's sake).

WILL YOU PEOPLE GET A F*CKING GRIP AND STOP TAKING PICTURES FROM MOVING BUSES - THEY ARE ABSOLUTE CRAP AND DO THE SITE NO SERVICE - GO AND POST THEM ON A BLOODY BUS WINDOWS SPOTTERS SITE IF THAT's WHAT CREAMS YOU.

57854_9fd81e89.jpg

Surely this is a step too far?
    There is no need for dozens of pictures of various burgers - it looks like the menu has been uploaded!
    I can see the sense of a couple of shots of the bar for example but not of individual drinks.
    In my opinion they should be deleted and should not have been approved in the first place.

I am a salmon !!

Also looks like Meerkatgate was never resolved: https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/38384/
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"