Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Chriiiiiiiiistmas!

This Space For Hire

That reeks of The Daily Mash approach but made me chuckle especially as a delivery of 4x50 packs of crackers hadn't been put away in my local this afternoon when watching the football.

A church in Highams Park has some Christmassy reindeers on it and we're still in October. I nearly threw up on the bus.

This Space For Hire

The Roebuck

Nascent Christmas baubles on display...

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    The Roebuck

Nascent Christmas baubles on display...
    Obscene.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Obscene.
    You're dead right there but Tesco put their mountains of rubbish sweets and biscuits up in late August and I saw my first Xmas bookings sign weeks ago. It's all downhill now until early January! On the plus side it's quite easy to get advance bookings at budget hotels for 30 quid a night and with the sinking pound who would want to go abroad anyway?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    You're dead right there but Tesco put their mountains of rubbish sweets and biscuits up in late August and I saw my first Xmas bookings sign weeks ago. It's all downhill now until early January! On the plus side it's quite easy to get advance bookings at budget hotels for 30 quid a night and with the sinking pound who would want to go abroad anyway?
    As I write this in a cold wet and windy Brentford I cant help but thing back a week or so as I sat by the pool in my holiday villa in 95f degrees drinking tins of very good American ipas for about a dollar a tin .Yeah who would want to go abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    As I write this in a cold wet and windy Brentford I cant help but thing back a week or so as I sat by the pool in my holiday villa in 95f degrees drinking tins of very good American ipas for about a dollar a tin .Yeah who would want to go abroad.
    I would never voluntarily subject myself to 95f temperatures. I'm pretty sure the removal of Sixpoint Bengali IPA is down to the sinking pound but you would never get the idiot chairman to confirm that.

This Space For Hire

I was in a tiny bar in Brittany last week which had a couple of Xmas tinsel decorations up over the pool table. Although in fairness, they undoubtedly dated from at least last Christmas, or possibly some years ago.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Not quite on message, but I was in here on Friday 27/09/2019 Northern Monkey they had Halloween decorations up.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas